In this post I’m sharing how to make easy Chocolate Dipped Caramel Nachos.
It’s autumn apple season and I love fresh local apples and all of the wonderful ways to enjoy them. Apple Nachos are one of those ways and wowee are they good!
How do you serve apple nachos? Think of the sliced nachos as the “chips” that can be garnished in wonderful ways and served as appetizers, fun fall or Halloween snacks, or as a dessert treat.
Are apple nachos healthy? Apples themselves are very nutritious. Adding the additional ingredients will add calories and sugar so just add occasionally as a treat.
Can you slice apples ahead of time? Yes, apples can be sliced ahead of time if prepared to prevent browning.
How do you keep apple slices from browning? The easiest way is to toss the apple slices with a bit of lemon juice. You can also soak them in ginger ale for a few minutes. There are also fruit preserving powders that are an option.
Personally, I use the lemon juice method.
Apple Nachos Peanut Butter
My favorite topping on apple nachos (besides ALL of them) is the peanut butter morsels.
It is so easy to customize apple nachos to suit your taste and presentation.
What’s good on apple nachos? chocolate, caramel, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, peanut butter morsels, nuts, and cinnamon chips are just some of the delicious options that would work well.
Fall Apple Treats
How do I make apple nachos? It’s really easy! Fresh sliced apple and your favorite toppings are all it takes. I’m sharing my simple recipe in the printable recipe card below.
- 2-3 Large Apples (I used Granny Smith and Honey Crisp)
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 c Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tbs Caramel Sundae Syrup
- 1/4 c or less of Peanut Butter Morsels
- Prepare the apples by cutting in half and cooping out the core then slice into thin 1/8" to 1/4" slices.
- Toss the apple slices with lemon juices to coat and prevent browning.
- Melt the milk chocolate morsels in the microwave, according to package directions.
- Use paper towels to dry the apple slices then dip one end of each slice in the melted chocolate then place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all slices are done. Drying the apple slices ensures the chocolate adheres to the slices.
- Place the sheet pan with the apple slices in the refrigerator to sit about 15 minutes until set.
- Transfer the apple slices to a serving platter then drizzle with the caramel sundae syrup and top with peanut butter morsels, or toppings of choice.
Use a small cookie scoop to easily remove the center core from apples.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:3 to 4 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoy these tasty fall treats.
- Meal Plan Monday 223 Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Casserole
- Gas Grilled Whole Chicken Recipe Spatchcock Style
- Meal Plan Monday 222 | Julia’s Simply Southern
- Meal Plan Monday 221 Glazed Cherry Bars
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla Recipe