October is here! Let the Halloween treat making commence. In this post I’m sharing how to make easy Death by Chocolate Halloween Krispie Treats.
Thanks for stopping by! I’m so glad that you did. Making spooky rice krispie treats is so much fun. Let’s face it, who hasn’t made rice krispie treats but they’re easy to adapt for holidays too.
We’re bringing out the coco krispies and some chocolate embellishments to make a spooktacular dessert the whole family will love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these festive treats (Full printable recipe card can be found by scrolling down): Coco Krispies Cereal, Marshmallows, Butter, Milk Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Orange Food Coloring and Candy Eyes.
Halloween Krispie Treats
Step 1: Measure out the Coco Krispies needed and add to a bowl and set aside until ready to use. In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. When the butter has completely melted, add the marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted and smooth.
Your arms will be about to fall off at this point.
Step 2: Remove the melted marshmallow mixture from the heat and add the cereal. Stir to incorporate everything together.
It’s gonna be a big ole sticky mess, just hang in there!
Step 3: Next, lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray then add the marshmallow cereal mixture. Spray the back of a spatula with cooking spray and use the spatula to evenly press down the krispie treat mixture.
Step 4: Make two double boilers by putting a bowl on top of a sauce pot with water for melting the chocolate. Add the milk chocolate chips to one and the white chocolate chips to another. Heat the pots over medium heat and stir the morsels in each pot constantly until melted smooth.
The milk chocolate can be melted in the microwave but I couldn’t figure out how to reduce the power level to medium on the microwave that I’ve had for ten years. 😕
Step 5: Carefully remove the bowls using a pot holder. Add a few drops of the orange food coloring to the white chocolate and stir to incorporate. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate, alternating between the chocolate and orange chocolate mixture over the krispie treats. Add candy eyes, if desired. Allow the treats to cool completely. Cut into squares for serving.
- 3 tbs Butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 6 c Coco Krispies Cereal
- 1 c Milk Chocolate Chip Morsels
- 1 c White Morsels
- Orange Food Coloring
- Candy Eyes
- Measure out the Coco Krispies needed and set aside until ready to use.
- In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over low heat. When the butter has completely melted, add the marshmallows. Stir the marshmallows constantly until melted and smooth.
- Next, remove the melted marshmallow mixture from the heat and add the Coco Krispies. Stir to combine.
- Next, lightly spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the treat mixture. Spray the back of a spatula with cooking spray and use the spatula to evenly press down the krispie treat mixture. A sheet of wax or parchment paper can also be used to press the mixture down.
- Melt the chocolate morsels according to package directions. Keep the milk chocolate and white chocolate separate.
- Next, add orange food coloring to the white chocolate and stir to combine until desired color is reached.
- Use a spoon to alternate drizzling each chocolate over the krispie treats.
- Finally, add the candy eyes.
- Allow the treats to cool completely.
- Cut into 2 inch squares for serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 165mg Carbohydrates: 51g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g