In this post I’ll be sharing a Chocolate Strawberry Nut Sundae Pie recipe. It’s a wonderful no bake dessert and you’re gonna love it!
I know, here I go with another no bake pie. I just can’t help it y’all. They are so good and easy to make! Plus I can’t think of anything better than not turning on the oven when it’s blazing hot outside. Yes, we have air conditioning but the kitchen still gets hot when the oven is on.
Now before we get to the pie…there’s no ice cream in the pie y’all. You can certainly serve up a scoop of ice cream on the side if you like and it would be delicious.
Well, doesn’t a sundae have ice cream? Yes, but this pie has all the makings of a sundae (minus the ice cream) and I’ll tell you how I came up with the name of this dessert.
A dear lifelong friend of mine used to order a banana split without the banana when we would visit one of the local ice cream parlors. That’s how she always ordered it and nobody ever said anything about it…. until one day that is.
The person who took the order replied after her order “you know that is called a strawberry nut sundae, don’t you?”. Well, now we know.
I’m not sure if that is how it is everywhere or just that one place in particular but I’ll always remember that. Isn’t it funny the things that we remember.
Anyways, I saw a post from my friend on Facebook the other day and for some reason I remembered that day at the ice cream parlor and it gave me the idea for this dessert. So here we are.
Chocolate Strawberry Pie Recipe
Let me tell y’all that one bite of this pie and Mr. J. and I were moaning over how delicious it was. Oh my stars! It was incredible. Your taste buds will be singing a happy tune.
Luscious layers of wonderful flavors with a generous helping of whipped cream make this pie a winner for your recipe collection.
No Bake Dessert
Why you’ll love this chocolate strawberry nut sundae pie? Besides just being amazingly delicious, it is really easy to make and you can pick up all of the ingredients that you need at your local Wal Mart or grocery store.
You can customize the flavors to suit your own tastes very easily too. This pie is a great make-ahead dessert for sharing at summer gatherings and cook outs.
If you’d like to make it more than an hour or two in advanced then it is best to do the final layer of fruit topping and garnish with whipped cream until shortly before you plan to serve it.
What do I need to make it?
Here’s what you need to make the chocolate strawberry nut sundae pie:
- Strawberry Pie Filling – canned strawberry pie fruit filling is great for this no bake dessert as well as other tasty desserts.
- Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust – I used a store bought crust but you could certainly make your own in one of your own pie plates.
- Cream Cheese – the cream cheese adds flavor and helps stabilize the pudding layer.
- Whole Milk – needed to prepare the instant pudding.
- Chocolate Pudding – for a rich chocolate base to this easy no bake dessert.
- Cool Whip – I prefer the extra creamy and the whipped topping adds extra rich flavor and helps to create the layers for the pie.
- Whipped Cream – for serving and to garnish the pie.
- Chocolate Sundae Syrup – Garnish and serving.
- Chopped Walnuts in Syrup – the perfect finishing garnish for any type of sundae dessert.
Chocolate Strawberry Nut Pie
Begin by adding about half of the strawberry pie filling as the bottom layer in the chocolate cookie pie crust. Doesn’t that look good right from the get-go y’all?
Chocolate & Strawberry Ice Box Dessert
Next, grab yourself a mixing bowl and whip that block of softened cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until it is light and fluffy.
By the way, I keep a few blocks of cream cheese on hand at all times. It’s a great pantry staple ingredient for making desserts, appetizers, spreads and sauces.
Once the cream cheese is fluffy, add the milk and chocolate pudding mix then use your electric mixer to combine everything together.
Layered No Bake Pie
Fold in half of the whipped topping with the chocolate mixture and keep turning it over using a spatula until it is combined.
Add the chocolate mixture layer on top of the strawberry pie filling in the pie crust. Cover the pie and refrigerate a few hours (or overnight) to set up.
Putting it all together
When ready to serve the chocolate strawberry nut sundae pie, top the chocolate layer with the remaining whipped topping.
Next, Use the rest of the strawberry pie filling on top of the whipped dessert topping.
Chocolate Strawberry Nut Sundae Pie
Garnish around the edges of the pie with whipped cream and drizzle with the chocolate sundae syrup then garnish with some of the chopped dessert walnuts.
Wowee! Doesn’t that look incredible? Who wouldn’t love a slice of this yummy pie!?! It will be a hit on your dessert table.
When serving a slice, garnish with more whipped cream, if desired. This would be a great time to offer a scoop of ice cream if you’d like as well.
Printable Recipe Card Below
Let’s make this easy no bake dessert y’all!
Chocolate Strawberry Nut Sundae Pie
Chocolate strawberry nut sundae pie is a delicious layered no bake dessert topped with whipped cream and garnished with chocolate syrup and candied walnuts. May be served along with a scoop of ice cream if desired.
- 21 ounce canned Strawberry Pie Filling (divided)
- 6 ounce 9 inch Chocolate Cookie Pie Crust
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3.9 ounce Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed and divided (Extra Creamy)
For Serving and Garnish
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sundae Syrup
- Chopped Walnuts in Syrup
- Spread half of the strawberry pie filling into the bottom of the pie crust; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the milk and chocolate pudding mix to the cream cheese and continue mixing until combined. Fold in half of the Cool Whip whipped dessert topping and turn with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer the chocolate cream cheese mixture on top of the strawberry layer in the pie crust. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until ready to serve.
- Before serving, top with the remaining Cool Whip then add the remaining strawberry pie filling.
- Garnish around the edges of the pie with whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top then garnish with the walnuts.
- Serve with additional whipped cream and ice cream, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
S&K Pro-Grade Cake and Pie Server Spatula: 2-in-1 Cut and Serve Design with Flexible Head, Serrated Edges, Easy-to-Grip Handle, 10-Inch, Stainless-Steel
Smucker's Walnuts in Syrup Topping, 5 Ounces (Pack of 6)
Smuckers Sundae Syrup Chocolate, Caramel, Butterscotch, and Strawberry (Variety Pack of 4)
Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding & Pie Filling (3.9 oz Boxes, Pack of 24)
Oreo Pie Crust, 6 Ounce
Comstock Strawberry Pie Filling/Topping - 21 oz - 2 pk
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 8g
What else could you serve with this no bake pie?
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Chopped Peanuts
Would all make tasty options for serving along with this dessert.
The Latest Dessert Recipes on the Blog
- Easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- Southern Easter Desserts and Sweets Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Sugar Free Jello Desserts
- Easy Orange Balls Recipe
Thank you so much for stopping by! I’m so glad that you did. I hope that you’ll whip up this easy dessert soon. I know that you and your family will love it just as much as we do.
Before you go, be sure to subscribe to my email list. I send out a weekly newsletter via email to subscribers with the latest recipes and news here on the blog so that you never miss a thing.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Wednesday 23rd of June 2021
Such an easy dessert to serve anytime. I definitely want to serve it with some premium Neapolitan Ice Cream. TY for sharing your recipes with us.
Thursday 24th of June 2021
Thank you, Barbara!