Frogmore Stew , as it was originally called, contains no frogs and is not even a stew. Today we commonly refer to it as Lowcountry Boil or Seafood Boil. It’s a delicious and fun traditional South Carolina dish. It is so easy to make and best of all, a one pot meal! Perfect for a family dinner or soiree.
This recipe serves 4-5 people but if you’re serving a crowd just use a bigger pot and multiply the recipe.
- 1 lb Shrimp, fresh works best
- 1 lb Baby Red Potatoes
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage, I use beef sausage sliced into 1″ pieces
- 3-4 Ears of Fresh Corn, cut off ends and slice into 1-2″ pieces
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 2 tbs Crab Boil , or half the bottle depending on your taste
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning , or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Lemon Wedges for garnish
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- (optional) you can add crab legs or lobster tails to add extra variety