Making your own pumpkin puree is as easy as pie! This homemade option is just so easy so why not give it a try…..and it’s really 100% pure pumpkin. Now you have options and we all love options when deciding what we eat.
As soon as September rolls around folks start thinking about fall after a long hot summer. It is hard not too with all of the fresh local apples and pumpkins that begin to flood the markets.
- 1 Pie Pumpkin
- 1 Pie Pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the pie pumpkin for the oven by cutting off the stem piece and then cutting the pumpkin into quarters. Remove the seeds.
- Next, place the pumpkin quarters on a foil lined sheet pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow the baked pumpkin wedges to cool and scrape out the pulp.
Use a fork or food processor to smooth the cooked pumpkin.
Store in freezer storage bags until ready to use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall Harvest Thanksgiving Turkey Heavyweight Melamine Oval Serving Platter, 20-Inch x 14-Inch
8 pc Vintage Truck Fall Kitchen Decor Set - Hello Fall - Matching Fall Placemats, Kitchen Towels, Pot Holder, and Oven Mitt - Comes in an organza bag so it's ready for giving!
Pumpkin Table Centerpiece Bowl Set Thanksgiving Harvest Fall Home Kitchen Decor 4 Pcs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
You might also enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Butter from Cooking with Mary and Friends.