In this post I’m sharing how to make easy Apple Pie Pinwheels.
Hey Y’all! I’ve been enjoying the beautiful autumn weather we’re finally having after a very long hot summer here in South Carolina.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year because of the beautiful changes of the season, colorful leaves, choosing pumpkins to decorate with, and it’s apple season.
We didn’t get the time this year to visit one of the local apple orchards this year but that is something I enjoy when we have the opportunity.
With just two simple ingredients to create these apple pie pinwheels, it’s so easy to enjoy a wonderful dessert in just minutes.
I’m using apple pie filling for this recipe to keep things simple but you could also use my Southern Fried Skillet Apples. Just be sure to allow the fried apples to cool completely before topping the pastry.
Apple Puff Pastry
In addition to this apple swirl dessert being so simple to prepare, it’s also pretty and elegant when served with ice cream and topped with caramel sundae sauce. Perfect for guests!
What can I use in place of puff pastry? I recommend puff pastry dough for this recipe but if you need to you could use crescent roll dough instead.
Do I have to use apple filling? If you wanted to switch things up, try using a raspberry pie filling and drizzle with melted chocolate after baking or a blueberry filling dusted with confectioner’s sugar.
This apple puff pastry dessert takes just a few minutes to bake. I made this batch one morning while I was cooking breakfast so that I could share the recipe with y’all.
After we ate our breakfast, I assembled the dessert so that I could photograph it and of course had to have a taste…for quality control. So there I was right after breakfast and had one bite, then another, and I ate the whole thing because it was so good! HA!
I just couldn’t help myself! You’ll understand once you try it.
Apple Cinnamon Roll Ups
In the printable recipe card below I’m sharing the step by step instructions to make this dessert. If you’d like to see the steps with photos then check out the video in this post.
- 2 - 13.2 oz Refrigerated Puff Pastry Sheets (Recommend Wewalka brand)
- 21 oz Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving if desired
- Caramel Sundae Sauce, for serving if desired
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Unroll the refrigerated puff pastry dough.
- Add ½ of the canned apple pie filling to each sheet and spread it out over the pastry sheet.
- Roll up the puff pastry and filling then cut each roll into 8 even slices; place the slices on the baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- The pinwheels may be served just as they are or serve alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sundae sauce.
Recipe can be easily halved using just one sheet of the refrigerated puff pastry dough and half of the pie filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smuckers Sundae Syrup Caramel, Butterscotch & Chocolate Ice Cream Topping Bundle 20 Oz (Variety Pack of 3)
IF YOU CARE FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
LAV Clear Glass Footed Ice Cream Dessert Bowls | 7 Ounce Dessert Cups – For Ices, Pudding, Fruit, and More – Set Of 6 Thick Glass Serving Dishes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 190mg Carbohydrates: 36g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Never miss a new recipe
Here’s a look at what we’ve been cooking lately
- Pork Roast with Orange Sauce
- Meal Plan Monday #189 – Loaded Ranch Potatoes
- Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Country Ham Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Meal Plan Monday #188 – Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
I’m so grateful that you stopped by! I just know you’ll love this easy dessert recipe and will be making it time and again to enjoy.