In this post I am sharing how to make easy Cheesy Garlic Bread.
There is nothing like a side of garlic cheese bread toasted served alongside spaghetti. It’s a perfect pairing like peas and carrots or peanut butter and chocolate….well you get the idea.
Taking the few minutes to make your own homemade cheesy garlic bread is worth the effort and so much better than those frozen store bought toasts with preservatives.
I like to place a bit of my spaghetti with sauce on the garlic cheesy bread and take a bite. It’s so good with the ooey gooey cheese and garlic flavor.
You can find the full printable recipe further down in this post.
Bread for Pasta Meals
In this house it is Mr. Simply Southern that makes the cheesy garlic bread. He is the self proclaimed expert but he does have good reason since he used to work in an authentic Italian restaurant as a teenager.
That’s right! The owner of the restaurant, Tony, instructed him how to make the side of bread for the restaurant.
Tony was very serious about how everything was made for the restaurant so it had to be done right. So here we are today with Mr. Simply Southern making up delicious batches of this bread for our spaghetti dinners.
Italian Garlic Cheese Bread
How do you make homemade garlic cheese bread loaf? It is really easy! I mean it is really difficult and requires years on intense training…..oops, sorry y’all husband walked up behind me (wink, wink). Really, it is very easy.
Here is what you’ll need to make your own delicious cheesy garlic bread: butter, garlic, loaf of bakery bread (I used French bread), Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, fresh mozzarella, and dried parsley flakes (optional).
Anyone else think it’s a bit ironic that I’m using French bread to make Italian garlic cheese toast? Hey, it works! You can use your favorite bakery loaf of bread.
The Best Garlic Cheese Bread Ever
The most important thing that you’ll want to make sure in making this bread is that your butter is softened. It just makes life easier using softened butter.
I keep a stick of butter out at all times so I have soft butter on hand when I want or need it.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C)
Step 1: In a small bowl, add the softened butter, freshly minced garlic and seasonings and mix it all together.
Step 2: Slice up your bread diagonally (this is an especially important method for the hubs) then spread some of the seasoned garlic butter mixture. Place the slices on a baking sheet and top with fresh mozzarella.
Bake for twenty minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Look at how bubbly that cheese is y’all! You just know this is gonna be good!
If you like, and I do, I turn on the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes just to slightly brown the tops of the bread.
Allow the cheesy garlic bread to cool for a few minutes before serving and top with parsley flakes, if desired.
- 4 tbs of Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tbs Fresh Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Fresh Bakery Loaf of Choice (I used French Bread)
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Dried Parsley Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the garlic butter spread by adding the softened butter, garlic and seasonings to a small bowl and combine.
- Slice the bread into 1" pieces on the bias.
- Spread each bread slice with the garlic butter mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each slice with fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with dried parsley flakes if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield:8-12 depending on loaf size
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
Check Out Our Latest Posts
- Scrambled Duck Eggs Recipe with Ricotta and Chives
- Best Labor Day Snack Ideas to Celebrate the End of Summer
- Easy Sour Cream Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Dinner Ideas with Canned Chicken and Easy Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Southern Coleslaw Recipe
You might also like this recipe for Shortcut Cajun Chicken Pasta from Southern Bite.