In this post I’m sharing how to make a Sausage and Pear Stuffing for the holidays.
You’re sure to love all of the flavors of fall in this gourmet style dressing side dish. It’s easy to prepare and delicious served alongside turkey or chicken.
We’re a day away from Halloween and many of you are already planning your Thanksgiving menu. Thanksgiving is a holiday meal that we always host and I love cooking the big dinner.
When cooking a big holiday dinner, I plan my days in advanced to make the most of my time to get everything done. This easy sausage stuffing can be made the day before and re-heated.
Thanksgiving and Christmas Dressing Recipes
This year I wanted to add a new holiday dressing (stuffing) recipe that was quite a bit different and it was also a request from a long time reader, and so we have this delicious sausage and pear stuffing.
Sausage Pear Stuffing with Pecans
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy sausage holiday stuffing: Bread, Pork Breakfast Sausage, Onion, Celery, Fresh Herbs (sage and thyme), A Pear, Pecans, Chicken Stock, Eggs, Salt and Pepper.
If you’ve been cooking a while then you can already tell that the flavor of these ingredients are going to work so well together.
Full Printable Recipe Below
I had two half loaves of bakery French bread leftover that I pulled from the freezer to make this dish. You can use whatever leftover bread you have on hand or prefer to purchase for this recipe.
I do prefer the bakery style bread over plain white bread so that it holds up well for stuffing recipes.
Step 1: Begin by cutting your bread up into cubes and adding to a large mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C)
Step 2: Next, cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet until done then add the butter, onion, celery and fresh herbs. Saute until the celery and onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Pour the sausage mixture over the bread cubes.
Step 3: Next, add the sliced pear and chopped pecans to the mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper and give the ingredients a stir to combine everything. Pour the chicken stock over the stuffing mixture and add the beaten eggs. Stir to combine. Add the stuffing mixture to a rectangular casserole dish (13 x 9) and bake for 45 minutes.
Sausage & Pear Holiday Stuffing
- 1 lb Bakery French Bread Loaf
- 1 lb Pork Breakfast Sausage (like Jimmy Dean)
- 4 tbs Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 c Celery, sliced
- 2 tbs Freshly Chopped Sage
- 1/2 tbs Fresh Thyme
- 1 Red Pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c Chopped Pecans
- 2 c Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prep Work: Cut the bread into cubes and add to a large mixing bowl. Prepare the fruit, vegetables, herbs and pecans and set aside until needed.
- Cook the breakfast sausage in a skillet until done
- Add the butter, celery, onion and herbs to the skillet with the sausage and saute until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Next, pour the sausage mixture over the bread cubes in the mixing bowl.
- Add the sliced pear and chopped pecans. Lightly stir the stuffing mixture.
- Next, add the chicken stock, salt, pepper and beaten eggs and stir to combine.
- Transfer the stuffing mixture to a casserole baking dish
- Bake for 45 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 12.7g
Check out the Latest Recipes
- Easy Corn Dip Appetizer Recipe
- Easy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe Sausage
- Southern Style Crock Pot Green Beans
- Turkey Tenderloin Air Fryer
- Kirkland Canned Chicken Salad Recipe