In this post I’m sharing how to make a beautiful Pork Roast with Orange Sauce.
Y’all, this pork roast is amazing! We just love it. It is so easy to prepare…and when I mean easy, you could have it for dinner any night of the week.
The pork roast can also be beautifully garnished making it special enough for your main course for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The fresh orange sauce is the special finishing touch to this pork dish.
The sauce has all of the wonderful spices and aromas of the holiday season. It would be great with chicken too.
The marinade and sauce would also work with other cuts of pork if you preferred to have pork chops or a pork tenderloin. The cooking method for those cuts of meat would differ but everything else remains the same.
Marinated Oven Roasted Pork
What internal temperature should a pork roast be cooked to? Always follow the current safe cooking guidelines when cooking meats. Presently, pork should be cooked to between 145 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do I keep a pork roast juicy? To ensure a juicy pork roast avoid over cooking, baste while cooking if instructed in the recipe, and allow the pork roast to rest before carving.
Tender Roasted Pork
What type of pork roast is used for this recipe? I used a boneless pork rib end roast in this recipe.
How do I cook a pork loin for this recipe? A pork loin is a cut that requires fast cooking at a higher temperature. Grilling works great. Just marinate per the recipe then grill while basting during cooking then serve with the orange sauce.
How do I cook pork chops for this recipe? Pork chops can be marinated then pan seared until done then served with the orange sauce on the side.
Pork Roast Recipe Oven
What do I serve with pork roast? If this is a main course for a holiday meal, serve with all of your favorite holiday sides. For family dinners, serve with one or two vegetables sides of choice.
Best Pork Roast Dinner
Look at how beautiful the sauce is y’all! See all of those seasonal spices? This sauce is on the sweeter side and works well with the savory marinated pork.
Below you will find the full step by step recipe card, it’s printable too.
- 1/4 c Lemon Juice
- 1/4 c Soy Sauce
- 1/4 c Chicken Stock (or white wine)
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled and pressed
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2.5 lb Boneless Pork Rib End Roast
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbs Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 20 Whole Cloves, tied in a cheesecloth bag
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- The Zest of 1 Orange, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 c Orange Juice
- 4 Orange Slices, halved
- 1 Orange, sliced for garnish
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a large measuring cup.
- Add the pork roast to a large plastic storage bag or food storage container and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Cooking the Pork Roast
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Remove the pork roast from the marinade and place into a baking dish. Add the marinade to the baking dish to keep the pork moist during cooking and for basting.
- Salt and pepper the pork roast and top with paprika.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, basting every half hour, or until the pork has an internal temperature of 145-165°F.
- If needed, add a small bit of stock or water to the bottom of the baking dish if the marinade evaporates.
- Remove the pork roast from the oven and cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, salt, cloves, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove the cloves pouch from the sauce then add the orange slices, cover and remove from the heat. Allow the sauce to sit for 10 minutes then remove the orange slices and transfer the sauce to a serving dish.
Serving Size:About 1/3 pound
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 636Total Fat: 62gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 46g
- Meal Plan Monday 223 Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Casserole
- Gas Grilled Whole Chicken Recipe Spatchcock Style
- Meal Plan Monday 222 | Julia’s Simply Southern
- Meal Plan Monday 221 Glazed Cherry Bars
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla Recipe
Thank you for stopping by Julia’s Simply Southern! I can’t wait for you to try this amazing recipe. I know you’ll love it!