In this post I’m sharing how you can enjoy a Fine Dining Steak Dinner at Home.
You can make a steak dinner at home that will rival any fine dining restaurant you’ve visited. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a nice dinner out too. This is just a great way to serve a delicious meal for family and friends. Budget friendly too. Make them your honored guests. They’ll appreciate the gesture.
There is a wonderful butcher close to where I live and they have the most beautiful high quality meat products at the Peach Stand. The meats are superior and cut fresh daily. You are going to want a high quality steak for this dinner. If you don’t have a fresh butcher go to a grocer with a high end meat selection.
(I just wanted to add a little note to say that we moved in late 2017 and I really miss this butcher shop. I just haven’t found one that compares.)
The steak I chose was a 2″ sirloin. The piece of meat costs around twenty dollars but it’s too big for one person to eat. I cut it into portions and can feed three to four people. That averages to around five dollars a person. Not a bad deal at all when keeping in mind how much such a meal would cost in a fine restaurant.
It’s so easy to make too!
Grilled Steak Dinner Recipes
1 large 2″ Sirloin Steak, cut into portions
1 tbs Vegetable Oil
2 tbs Kosher Salt
2 tbs Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
How to Cook Steak on Gas Grill
Grilled Steak Seasoning
Recipes with Steaks
Restaurant Style Grilled Steak Dinner
Fine Dining Steak Dinner at Home
Skip the crowds and save money by making your own fine dining meal at home
- 2" Steaks
- Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- First thing, and this is a good rule for cooking all meat, set the steak out and let it come to room temperature.
- Add kosher salt to a small bowl or ramekin. Add fresh cracked black pepper to a small bowl or ramekin. I do this because you'll be handling meat and it makes the process easier.
- Brush each side of your steak pieces with vegetable oil.
- Season each piece on all sides with the kosher salt and pepper.
- Prepare your grill and heat on high.
- Place steaks on the grill. For a piece this thick cook 3-4 minutes. Turn and let cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Turn again on an angle, to get those lovely grill marks, for 2-3 minutes. Again for the other side. This is for medium to medium well. Adjust cooking times if you enjoy your steak more rare, or well done.
- Remove steaks from grill. Add a slice of butter, REAL butter, to the top of each piece of steak. Cover the plate with foil and let meat rest for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ALIPOBO Grilling Apron - KISS The Cook and Bring HIM A Beer - Funny BBQ Aprons for Men Women Chef, Adjustable Kitchen Bib Apron with 2 Pockets and 40" Long Ties, Perfect for Cooking, Baking - Black
34PCS BBQ Grill Accessories Tools Set, Stainless Steel Grilling Tools with Carry Bag, Thermometer, Grill Mats for Camping/Backyard Barbecue, Grill Tools Set for Men Women
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 58g
Fine Dining Steak Dinner at Home
You Might Also Enjoy
Leftover Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches
Southern Style Pepper Steak Recipe
Perfect Prime Rib Dinner Recipe
- Best Pork N Bean Salad Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- Best Memorial Day Finger Foods
- Cranberry Bean and Sausage Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Fish Sandwich Deluxe Recipe
- Southern Easter Desserts and Sweets Recipes
Thank you for stopping by! I am so glad that you did. Be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter while you are here.
Subscribers get a first peek at new recipes and receive updates on what’s happening here at Julia’s Simply Southern delivered straight to your inbox.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube