In this post I’m sharing how you can enjoy a Fine Dining Steak Dinner at Home.
You can make a steak dinner at home that will rival any fine dining restaurant you’ve visited. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a nice dinner out too. This is just a great way to serve a delicious meal for family and friends. Budget friendly too. Make them your honored guests. They’ll appreciate the gesture.
There is a wonderful butcher close to where I live and they have the most beautiful high quality meat products at the Peach Stand. The meats are superior and cut fresh daily. You are going to want a high quality steak for this dinner. If you don’t have a fresh butcher go to a grocer with a high end meat selection.
(I just wanted to add a little note to say that we moved in late 2017 and I really miss this butcher shop. I just haven’t found one that compares.)
The steak I chose was a 2″ sirloin. The piece of meat costs around twenty dollars but it’s too big for one person to eat. I cut it into portions and can feed three to four people. That averages to around five dollars a person. Not a bad deal at all when keeping in mind how much such a meal would cost in a fine restaurant.
It’s so easy to make too!
Grilled Steak Dinner Recipes
1 large 2″ Sirloin Steak, cut into portions
1 tbs Vegetable Oil
2 tbs Kosher Salt
2 tbs Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
How to Cook Steak on Gas Grill
Grilled Steak Seasoning
Recipes with Steaks
Restaurant Style Grilled Steak Dinner
- 2" Steaks
- Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- First thing, and this is a good rule for cooking all meat, set the steak out and let it come to room temperature.
- Add kosher salt to a small bowl or ramekin. Add fresh cracked black pepper to a small bowl or ramekin. I do this because you'll be handling meat and it makes the process easier.
- Brush each side of your steak pieces with vegetable oil.
- Season each piece on all sides with the kosher salt and pepper.
- Prepare your grill and heat on high.
- Place steaks on the grill. For a piece this thick cook 3-4 minutes. Turn and let cook 3-4 minutes on the other side. Turn again on an angle, to get those lovely grill marks, for 2-3 minutes. Again for the other side. This is for medium to medium well. Adjust cooking times if you enjoy your steak more rare, or well done.
- Remove steaks from grill. Add a slice of butter, REAL butter, to the top of each piece of steak. Cover the plate with foil and let meat rest for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
ALIPOBO Grilling Apron - KISS The Cook and Bring HIM A Beer - Funny BBQ Aprons for Men Women Chef, Adjustable Kitchen Bib Apron with 2 Pockets and 40" Long Ties, Perfect for Cooking, Baking - Black
34PCS BBQ Grill Accessories Tools Set, Stainless Steel Grilling Tools with Carry Bag, Thermometer, Grill Mats for Camping/Backyard Barbecue, Grill Tools Set for Men Women
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 406mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 58g
Fine Dining Steak Dinner at Home
You Might Also Enjoy
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon
- Easy Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich with Egg White and Cheese
- Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Thank you for stopping by! I am so glad that you did. Be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter while you are here.
Subscribers get a first peek at new recipes and receive updates on what’s happening here at Julia’s Simply Southern delivered straight to your inbox.