In this post I’m sharing how to make delicious Leftover Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches.
Beef tenderloin, referred to as filet in some countries, is a prime beef cut. Prime beef cuts are a bit pricier so you don’t want your leftovers to go to waste.
A Filet Mignon cut is different but comes from one end of the beef tenderloin.
The beef tenderloin come with two per package just as you find when buying pork tenderloin.
My favorite beef tenderloins are peppercorn marinated and I can only find them at Harris Teeter grocery stores.
I don’t live close to a Harris Teeter anymore so when we visit my sister in law who has one in her town, I stock up on a few to bring back with us.
The peppercorn beef tenderloins are perfect for grilling and that is how we always prepare them.
Beef Tenderloin Provolone Sammies
The hubs grilled both tenderloins from the packet at once to a beautiful medium, which we enjoyed for dinner.
The next day, I sliced up the leftovers and heated it up in a skillet for sandwiches. Re-heating the grilled meat cooked it to well done.
If you’d prefer your beef to be in the medium range for your sandwiches then you could hold off on grilling it until you want to make them.
You could use any cut of leftover steak to make amazing sandwiches like these. “Waste not, want not” as the old saying goes.
One of the most important parts to making this an extraordinary sandwich is toasting the bun. Yes, it really is that important.
It takes just a few minutes to butter and toast those buns which adds a wonderful texture in every bite and adds more flavor.
Leftover Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches
Once you have your toasted buns and the tender slices of beef have been heated just place the beef on the bottom half of the bun and top with a slice of your favorite cheese. I used Provolone.
Place in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Use your favorite toppings for your sandwiches, such as lettuce, tomato and sriracha mayonnaise.
You’ll find the full details in the printable recipe card below.
- 4 Sandwich Buns or Rolls
- 3 tbs Softened Butter, divided
- 1 lb Leftover Beef Tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- Lettuce (optional)
- Tomato (optional)
- 2 tbs Sriracha Mayonnaise (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Spread some butter on the buns and toast until golden brown.
- Add the remaining butter to a small skillet and heat over medium; add the sliced beef tenderloin and cook until heated through.
- Place the bottom portion of the sandwich rolls on a lined baking sheet; top each with some of the beef slices then top with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sandwich toppings and condiments.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 754Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 775mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 40g
- Macaroni and Tomatoes Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 227 Vegetable Lasagna
- Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- Southern Speckled Butter Beans Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 226 | Julia’s Simply Southern
You might also like these Instant Pot Steak Sandwiches from New South Charm.