Simple Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks are a classic and budget friendly meal. The seasoning on these roasted chicken pieces are usually basic, sometimes just salt and pepper.
I’m going to share with you an easy and delicious way to have moist baked chicken with crispy skin the whole family will love.
You’ll find baked chicken on nearly every menu of a meat and three dining establishment in the South. It really could be considered baked to death chicken.
You end up with a dry chicken breast that nearly chokes you. Those dry baked to death chicken breasts are a favorite choice for many and popular menu item.
Personally, I prefer baking dark meat chicken pieces. Dark meat pieces can withstand being cooked for a longer amount of time to get that perfect crispy skin without drying out. Chicken legs are inexpensive too.
I picked up a package for under three dollars. Five minutes of prep is all it takes and these drumsticks go into the oven, leaving you time to work on other things.
Crispy Skinned Baked Chicken Legs with Ghee
Printable Recipe Card at the end of this post
Simple Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Instructions
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
Next, Step 2: Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Step 3: Lay out drumsticks on the lined baking sheet, making sure not to over crowd.
Step 4: Prepare Seasoning Mixture: Add ghee, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder to a small microwaveable dish. Heat in the microwave 25-30 seconds to melt the ghee. Mix to combine.
Step 5: Brush each chicken leg drumstick with the ghee seasoning mixture on all sides.
Step 6: Sprinkle a little salt on each drumstick
Healthy Chicken Drumstick Recipe
Step 7: Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn each drumstick and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
Oven Roasted Chicken Legs
The skin on these chicken legs is so crispy and the chicken just melts in your mouth. Since there’s just the two of us, I serve a salad with a couple of drumsticks each.
If you’ve never used ghee, give it a try instead of butter for the seasoning baste. Ghee has a higher smoke point and doesn’t burn like butter. If you’re not familiar with ghee, it’s a clarified butter, and can be stored in the pantry.
Crispy Drumsticks Roasted
Suggested Side Dishes
Printable Recipe Card
- 2-4 lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbs Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Dash of Salt, for each drumstick
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Lay out drumsticks on the lined baking sheet, making sure not to over crowd.
- Prepare Seasoning Mixture: Add ghee, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder to a small microwaveable dish. Heat in the microwave 25-30 seconds to melt the ghee. Mix to combine.
- Brush each chicken leg drumstick with the ghee seasoning mixture on all sides.
- Sprinkle a dash of salt on each drumstick.
- Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn each drumstick and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 798mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 149g
See it at the Weekend Potluck
Check Out the Latest Recipe Posts
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe Sausage
- Southern Style Crock Pot Green Beans
- Turkey Tenderloin Air Fryer
- Kirkland Canned Chicken Salad Recipe
- Hamburger Steaks with Onions Peppers and Mushrooms
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad that you did.
Be sure to subscribe to my email list while you are here. Subscribers receive a weekly newsletter via email with all of the latest recipes and news here on the blog so that you never miss a thing.
Until next time, love and happy cooking, Friend!