In this post I am sharing how to make Little Breakfast Piggies.
Kids will love them, I love them, and you’ll love them too. Just serve ’em up with some warm maple syrup. MMM MMM MMM. So easy and delicious!
Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
Besides being a tasty little muffin style breakfast that is great on the go, this recipe requires just three ingredients (and one is water) to make.
You could literally have these mini piggie muffins in the oven in less than five minutes.
What’s in breakfast pigs in a blanket? Three simple ingredients are needed to create the recipe: pancake mix, water, and cocktail wieners.
Can breakfast pigs in a blanket be frozen? Yes! Make a big batch then cool and freeze. Just reheat what you need when you need it.
Pancake Pigs in a Blanket
The idea for making this easy breakfast recipe came to me while my husband and I were on a day trip to Highlands, NC a couple of months back.
Highlands is a beautiful little town and is a very pleasant place to visit during summer since the temperature always averages in the seventies.
That is some really nice weather during summer in the South.
Of course I had to go into a kitchen store while we were there and of course I wanted EVERYTHING.
I did purchase what I thought to be a cute mold to make this recipe in but the mold didn’t work so well (that happens sometimes) so I resorted to using my muffin pan.
Mini Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket
I used beef Lit’l smokies in my breakfast piggies but you can use whatever type or flavor you prefer if you like.
Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes
- 12 Cocktail Wieners
- 1 c Pancake Batter (follow package directions to prepare)
- Vegetable Oil Spray
- Maple Syrup, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C)
- Prepare the pancake batter according to package directions (I used Aunt Jemima which called for 1 cup of pancake mix and 3/4 c of water)
- Spray a cupcake/muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each section of the pan 3/4 of the way with the pancake batter then place a cocktail wiener in the center of each section.
- Bake 20 minutes until slightly brown on top (bottom and sides will be nice and golden brown).
- Serve with warm maple syrup, if desired.
Adjust baking times as needed for oven type or elevation.
You can make a double batch with one package of cocktail wieners.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Check out our latest recipe posts
- Meal Plan Monday 263
- Easy Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- Meal Plan Monday 262
- Easy Mayonnaise Biscuits Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 261
Never miss a new recipe, just sign up for our FREE newsletter
Let’s be social y’all, follow us on these channels
I hope y’all enjoy this delicious recipe and thanks for stopping by!