In this post I’m sharing a recipe for an Easy Broccoli Cheese Quiche.
Quiche is a very popular dish for breakfast, brunch and party gatherings. Quiche is basically and egg pie, usually in a pie shell, with either vegetables or meat and cheese…or sometimes all of the above.
One of the great aspects of a quiche is that it can be made ahead because leftovers re-heat beautifully. It makes a great dish to have on hand during the holidays, especially if you have guests to feed.
This broccoli cheddar quiche is a particular favorite at our house. It is so easy to put together and using a store bought crust makes it that much easier.
Quiche may be served hot or cold but I prefer it warmed through. I think the flavors come out more when it’s warm.
Healthy Broccoli Quiche
Here’s what you’ll need (full printable recipe, just scroll down) Eggs, butter, fresh broccoli, a frozen deep dish pie crust, cheddar cheese, whole milk and a few seasonings.
Preheat oven to 350°F
Step 1: Cut the broccoli into small bite size pieces. I used only the crown but every part of the broccoli is perfectly delicious. I saute the broccoli a few minutes to pre-cook it a little bit and to bring out that gorgeous green color. Add butter to a small skillet over medium heat, then add the broccoli and saute 3-4 minutes.
Step 2: Add the sauteed broccoli to the bottom of the pie shell in an even layer. Next, layer the freshly grated cheddar cheese over the broccoli. I always recommend grating your own cheese if possible.
Step 3: In a large measuring cup, add the milk and then crack the eggs in. Whisk together until well blended. Next, add the salt, pepper and onion powder and whisk once more. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is set. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Cook’s Note: I always line a sheet pan with foil and place my pie shell on it before adding my ingredients. It makes transferring to the oven much easier and prevents a messy oven should it spill over.
Yummy Quiche Recipes
Broccoli Cheese Quiche Deep Dish
- 1 tbs Butter, softened
- 2 c Fresh Broccoli
- 9" Deep Dish Pie Crust
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1.5 c Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Saute the broccoli in a small skillet with the butter for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly tender
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place your frozen pie crust in the center
- Next, add the broccoli to the bottom of the pie crust then top with the grated cheddar cheese
- In a large measuring cup, add the milk and then break the eggs into the milk. Whisk to combine.
- Next add the seasonings to the egg mixture and whisk once more then pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Allow the quiche to cool slightly before serving.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers. To reheat, cover with aluminum foil and place into a 325°F oven until warmed through (about 20 minutes)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319
Latest Recipe Posts
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe Sausage
- Southern Style Crock Pot Green Beans
- Turkey Tenderloin Air Fryer
- Kirkland Canned Chicken Salad Recipe
- Hamburger Steaks with Onions Peppers and Mushrooms
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe