In this post I am sharing a classic favorite side dish of Southern Corn Pudding.
The combination of sweet corn, corn muffin mix, cheese and savory ingredients make this old fashioned dish a favorite.
Who’s to blame them after all…I love anything with cheese! If you haven’t tried this comforting side dish then now is the time to add it to your menu plan for the holidays.
Where did corn casserole come from? It is considered to be a staple food, particularly in the Appalachian region of the South.
Savory Corn Casserole
” There is always something to be thankful for”
What is corn pudding made of? Recipes may vary but generally this recipe is a combination of whole corn, creamed corn, eggs, some type of dairy and thickeners…such as corn muffin mix or a flour mixture. Some folks top the dish with cheese while others prefer not to then it’s baked until set.
Can corn pudding be made in advance? Yes. You can prepare this casserole two days in advance and reheat.
Southern Corn Casserole
The recipe for this corn pudding takes just minutes to put together then bakes in just under an hour.
Corn Casserole with Jiffy
While you’re here, be sure to sign up for our free email newsletter so that you never miss a new recipe.
You can also use the search box up top or our recipe index tab to find more delicious recipes for family and holiday meals.
Baked Corn Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 c Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 8.5 oz Corn Muffin Mix
- 14.75 oz Crisp Corn, drained
- 14.75 oz Creamed Style Corn
- 1.5 c Sour Cream
- 2 tbs Grated Onion
- 2 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided (freshly grated)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl except 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and spread into a casserole baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until browned on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gobble Gobble Gobble T Shirt for Women Funny Cute Thanksgiving Tshirts Tee Top Funny Cute Sayings T Shirts Tee
Le Regalo HW1243 3-Piece Vintage Baking Dish Set, Oven, Dishwasher, Freezer Safe, 14x8.5x2.5, Off-White
Ourokhome Manual Rotary Cheese Grater - Round Tumbling Box Shredder for Vegetable, Nuts, Potato with Peeler and Brush (Red)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g
- Gas Grilled Whole Chicken Recipe Spatchcock Style
- Meal Plan Monday 222 | Julia’s Simply Southern
- Meal Plan Monday 221 Glazed Cherry Bars
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 220 Tuna Pasta Bake
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope that you enjoy this delicious side dish at one of your own meals very soon.