In this post I’m sharing how to make easy Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus.
Asparagus is also a great addition to casseroles. The worst thing that you can ever do to asparagus is over cook it. Mushy asparagus is not good eats and for that reason I steer clear of the canned stuff.
Well prepared asparagus is a great side for steak dinners, seafood or roasted pork or chicken.
Asparagus is also packed with beneficial vitamins and is very good for you. It is often referred to as a superfood that we could all enjoy more of in our diets.
Easy Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
Do you have to cook asparagus? I prefer to eat asparagus cooked but you can eat it raw too. The tips of thinner stalks make a great addition to salads.
Are there any negative side effects to eating asparagus? Asparagus is very good for you but there is one side effect to eating it that many notice. Let’s just say that when you go “make water”, you may notice a distinctive odor.
Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
How do you trim asparagus? Use a knife and trim off the bottom “woody” stem area of the stalk. Generally take of about an inch.
How do I store fresh asparagus? Add a little water to the bottom of a dish or glass and place the cut stem area in the water and refrigerate to make fresh asparagus last longer.
Roasted Asparagus with Herbs and Parmesan
Best of all, since you want to avoid over cooking asparagus, it doesn’t take long to prepare.
Want to have our latest recipes delivered to you inbox so you never miss a new post?
- 1-2 lb Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tbs Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Trim 1/2 to 1 inch off of the cut stem part of the asparagus spears.
- Wash the asparagus and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the asparagus in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil then use your fingers to massage the oil over the spears to coat.
- Next, add the seasonings and grated Parmesan cheese and turn to coat.
- Place the asparagus on a lined baking sheet and place into the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
Do not over cook asparagus.
Use thick cut spears if available.
Serving Size:3-4 spears per person
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Check out the Latest Posts
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Kool Aid Pie
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 254
- Easy Baked Cubed Beef Steaks
Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you enjoy this delicious vegetable side dish soon at your dinner table.