In this post I’ll be sharing how to make Valentine Cookies with Royal Icing. The royal icing recipe is so simple.
Valentine Cookies with Royal Icing
Royal Icing with Meringue Powder
Easy Royal Icing Recipe
Easy Royal Icing for Sugar Cookies
When icing your cookies, form the outline then use the thinner icing mixture to “flood” and fill in. Use a tooth pick or similar to remove any air bubbles if needed.
- 16 oz Box of Confectioner's Sugar
- 5 Tbs Meringue Powder
- Various Food Coloring - I prefer Wilton , they give vibrant color
- Store bought Sugar Cookie Dough
- All Purpose Flour, for rolling dough
- Shaped cookie cutters
- Royal Icing
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine sugar and meringue powder.
- Mixing on low speed, add a scant 1/2 cup water.
- For a thinner consistency, usually used for flooding, add more water.
- A thicker consistency is generally used for outlining (piping) and adding details.
- Mix until icing holds a ribbon-like trail on the surface of the mixture for 5 seconds when you raise the paddle.
- Dust the work surface with flour for rolling out the cookie dough.
- Dust the dough with flour as needed to stiffen the dough a bit (this prevents cut out cookies from spreading into a blob)
- Bake as directed and allow to completely cool before decorating with icing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
- Scrambled Duck Eggs Recipe with Ricotta and Chives
- Best Labor Day Snack Ideas to Celebrate the End of Summer
- Easy Sour Cream Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Dinner Ideas with Canned Chicken and Easy Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Southern Coleslaw Recipe