In this post I’m sharing Julia’s Simple Coleslaw Recipe. That’s me, I’m Julia.
I know that waves of shock will hit because I do not put sugar in my slaw. I do not like sweet slaw. Now that you’ve caught your breath here is how I make it:
There I’ve said it. A lot of folks prefer their coleslaw on the sweet side but my family just never cared for it that way.
How about you – do you prefer sweet or savory coleslaw? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Small Head of Cabbage or a bag of slaw salad mix
1/3 cup Dill Pickle Cubes
1/2 of a small-medium onion diced
1/4-1/2 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper to taste
Grated carrot would also be a great addition and for some reason, I forgot to add it this time.
Dill Pickle Coleslaw
Grate the cabbage. If you are using a bag mix I like to finely chop what comes out of the bag. I think the pieces are left too big otherwise.
Most of the time I do go old school and pull out the box grater and grate a head of cabbage. Other times, I’m just not in the mood so I’ll pick up the bagged mix.
Add your Dill Pickles, onion and mayo to the cabbage and mix. If you didn’t forget your carrots as I did, this is the time to add those too. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate to chill until ready to serve.
Simple and good.
Creamy Southern Style Grated Coleslaw
- 1 Small Head of Cabbage or a bag of slaw salad mix
- 1/3 c Dill Pickle Cubes
- 1/4 c Shredded Carrots (optional)
- 1/2 of a small-medium onion diced
- 1/4-1/2 c Dukes Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grate the cabbage. If you are using a bag mix I like to finely chop what comes out of the bag.
- Add the Dill Pickles, onion, carrots if using and mayo to the cabbage and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and chill, at least one hour, or until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Julia’s Simple Coleslaw Recipe
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Southern Salmon Patties and Grits
- Meal Plan Monday 264
- Meal Plan Monday 263
You Might Also Enjoy
Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to sign up for my weekly email newsletter so that you never miss the latest recipes here on the blog.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Come be social y’all! I’ll see you there.
Try this recipe for Southern Fried Catfish from Immaculate Bites.