In this post I’ll be sharing how to prepare Baked Stuffed Cornish Game Hens.
Cornish game hens are not actually game birds at all but a hybrid chicken. A little chicken in fact. Convenient to serve whole, or a half bird per person if you prefer. It makes for a nice presentation for dinner.
Cornish hens are a great option when entertaining for dinner. Who doesn’t love a good roasted chicken dinner? These small baking hens are moist and so delicious.
1 Cornish Game Hen, per person
Seasonings such as – salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, poultry seasoning
Stuffing – homemade or you can use something such as Stove Top
1/4 c Fresh Diced Onion
1/4 c Fresh Diced Celery
Melted Butter, for basting
If using a box stuffing, empty contents into a bowl and add enough water or chicken stock to moisten. Add onion and celery and mix together. Set aside until ready to stuff birds.
Baked Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Stuff birds. Rub out skin of each bird with softened butter and season. I personally will always include paprika when seasoning the outside of white meat such as poultry or pork. It gives a nice finished color.
Add Cornish hens to a baking dish making sure there is plenty of room, use more than one baking dish if necessary. I used disposable baking pans and added 1 bird per pan. Tuck wings under and bake breast side up.
Baked Cornish Hen Recipe
Pan Roasted Cornish Hen
What to Serve with Cornish Hens
- 1 Cornish Game Hen, per person depending on size
- Softened Butter
- Seasonings such as - salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, poultry seasoning
- Stuffing - homemade or Stove Top
- 1/4 c Fresh Diced Onion
- 1/4 c Fresh Diced Celery
- Melted Butter, for basting
- If using a box stuffing, empty contents into a bowl and add enough water or chicken stock to moisten then add the onion and celery and mix together.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stuff each bird with the stuffing mixture.
- Cover the outer skin of each bird with softened butter and seasonings.
- Tuck the wings under and bake breast side up.
- Bake at 400 degrees for one hour. Baste with melted butter halfway through baking.
- Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 307mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
You Might Also Enjoy
Try these Southern Fried Chicken Biscuits from Grandbaby Cakes.