In this post I’m sharing a delicious autumn recipe for Apple Butter Pork Chops.
You’ll find that apple butter is a perfect compliment to pork chops. Create an easy sweet and savory dish. Perfect for weeknight meals.
Lots of folks enjoy a tasty pork chop recipe with apple sauce or apple slices so apple butter is also a good fit.
If you’re like me then you like to try new ways to cook meats like chicken or pork chops that are regular in your meal rotation. Store bought jar of apple butter and pork chops are amazing together! Of course if you have homemade apple butter on hand, that works great too.
If you’re not familiar with apple butter, it is a delicious apple spread with brown sugar and spices. I enjoy making a batch of slow cooker apple butter when I have the time.
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops – boneless chops or bone in chops will work well in this recipe.
- 1 Yellow Onion, halved and sliced – the sliced onion adds wonderful flavor and are great in easy recipes.
- 1/2 c Apple Butter
- Cooking Oil or Olive Oil, to glaze the bottom of skillet
Feel free to use any seasonings that you might enjoy to season pork chops. Salt and pepper work well and the paprika give the dish color. Other seasonings, such as chili powder, onion powder, or garlic powder would add delicious flavor.
Easy Dinner Recipe
Pork Chops Recipe
Apple Butter Pork Chops
Let’s make this tasty dinner!
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Yellow Onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 c Apple Butter
- Cooking Oil, to glaze the bottom of skillet
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add enough cooking oil to glaze the bottom of the pan.
- Next, season each side of the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add the seasoned pork chops to the skillet and cook to brown on each side.
- Next, add the sliced onions to skillet and sauté while the pork chops continue to cook. When the pork chops are done, brush each side with apple butter and continue to turn. Some of the apple butter will come off into the skillet to flavor the onions.
- Finally, give the finished side, or serving side, a final brush of apple butter and remove chops from the skillet.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 56g
- Best Labor Day Snack Ideas to Celebrate the End of Summer
- Easy Sour Cream Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Dinner Ideas with Canned Chicken and Easy Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Southern Coleslaw Recipe
- Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe with Greek Seasoning
- Simple Spaghetti with Olive Oil Recipe
Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you’ll enjoy this dish as much as we do.
While you’re here, be sure to sign up for my weekly email newsletter so that you never miss the latest recipes. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.