A Reuben is one of my favorite hot sandwiches! It’s easy to create this popular sandwich at home.
- 2 Slices Marble Swirl Rye / Pumpernickel bread, per sandwich
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb Thin Sliced Corned Beef , per sandwich depending on appetite
- 2 Slices Swiss Cheese, per sandwich
- 1/4 c Sauerkraut , or less according to taste
- Russian Dressing or Thousand Island Dressing
You can use deli sliced corned beef or leftover corned beef if you have it on hand. A traditional Reuben has Russian dressing but it is very common for people to use Thousand Island as well. The two dressings are very similar in my opinion. I usually have Thousand Island on hand, so that’s what I use.
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Layer one slice of bread with corned beef and top with cheese. Place on a cookie sheet with another slice of the bread.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the corned beef has warmed through, about 15 minutes.
Add sauerkraut. Spread dressing on the other slice of bread. Assemble sandwich and serve.
Serve the dressing on the side for dipping, if preferred.