Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Clifty Farm Country Meats. The recipe and opinions are my own. You can view more about their products at www.cliftyfarm.com.
In this post I am sharing how to make a delicious Country Ham Biscuit Breakfast Casserole.
Don’t y’all just love a good breakfast casserole? I sure do! They’re easy to prepare and great for feeding guests, particularly during the holidays.
In the South, we love our country ham. It’s absolutely delicious and so flavorful in this amazing casserole recipe.
You’ll be making this delicious breakfast casserole time and time again!
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
What is country ham? Country ham is cured the old fashioned way with a combination of salt, sugar or molasses, and spices.
Can you eat country ham raw? The salt and curing process does prevent bacterial growth so technically you could eat it raw but it is usually cooked.
Does country ham taste salty? It does, but the saltiness can be reduced by soaking the ham before cooking. For this particular recipe, I did not soak the ham because no additional salt was added to the recipe.
Breakfast Casserole with Ham and Cheese
The Clifty Farm Country Ham Biscuit Cut Slices were used in this recipe. The quality of these ham slices are superb. If you’ve ever shopped at your local grocery store for country ham then you know there can be a difference by brand.
The Clifty Farm slices are beautiful and you know they’ll be delicious when you serve them to your family and friends.
By the way, if you live in an area where your local stores do not carry country ham products, you can order them online. The Clifty Farm online store also sell smoked turkey, whole hams, slab bacon, and sausages…or get a variety pack.
Best Country Ham Casserole
Preparing this casserole takes less than five minutes of prep work then all of your ingredients go into a baking dish.
Amazing aromas fill the air as it bakes to a beautiful golden brown.
Get a Printable Coupon from Clifty Farm, HERE
You’ll find the step by step recipe below in the printable recipe card.
- 1 tbs Butter, softened (to grease the baking dish)
- 1 Can of Refrigerated Biscuits ( 8 count )
- 6 oz Clifty Farm Country Ham Biscuit Cut Slices
- 1 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
- 1.5 c Whole Milk
- 6 Large Eggs
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C)
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 baking dish; set aside.
- Cut each refrigerated biscuit into quarters and add to the baking dish.
- Next, chop the country ham biscuit slices and layer over the biscuit pieces.
- Next, top with grated cheddar cheese.
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the baking dish.
- Add a little cracked black pepper on the top then place into the oven to bake for 1 hour, or until set.
If the biscuits are browning too quickly, drape a piece of aluminum foil on top the last few minutes of baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Country Ham Biscuit Portions
AIYUE Oven Mitts and Pot Holders - Long Sleeves Heat Resistant Oven Gloves with Soft Cotton Infill Non-Slip Cooking Gloves for Kitchen Cooking Baking BBQ Grilling
The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier: 112 Fantastic Favorites for Everyday Eating
Paula Deen 12512 Signature Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 15 Piece, Red
Lenox Butterfly Meadow Rectangular Baker , White - 855621
Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Southern Style Biscuits 16.3 Ounce -- 12 per case.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 164mg Sodium: 466mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 14g
- Pork Roast with Orange Sauce
- Meal Plan Monday #189 – Loaded Ranch Potatoes
- Sausage and Rice Casserole
- Country Ham Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- Meal Plan Monday #188 – Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
Clifty Farm Country Meats Biscuit Slices
Thanks you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this country ham breakfast bake soon. You’re gonna love it!