In this post I’m sharing how to make Perfect Easy Peel Boiled Eggs.
Place your eggs into a pot and fill with water covering eggs 1″. Add 1/2 tsp salt to the water. Place the pot on your stove top burner and turn on high.
Once the eggs come to a full boil turn the heat down to medium high and set your timer for 10 minutes.
Why do you want your boiled eggs to peel easily? The most important reason is to avoid wasting food.
If you’re using boiled eggs that will be chopped into a salad then it is not such a big deal.
If you’re using your boiled eggs to make deviled eggs then you want the best looking eggs possible.
- 6 Eggs
- 4 c Water, or enough to cover the eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Place on the stove top over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and cover with a lid and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Carefully discard the hot water and fill the pot with cold water to cool the eggs for handling.
- Peel the eggs immediately for best easy peel results.
Peeled Boiled Eggs may be refrigerated until ready to use.
Fresher eggs don't peel as easily as those that are a few weeks old.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
- Holiday Cranberry Bread Recipe
- Skillet Hot Dog Chili Recipe
- Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- Crock Pot Turkey Breast Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 243
Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to sign up for my weekly email newsletter so that you never miss the latest recipes here on the blog.
You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Come be social y’all! I’ll see you there.