Breakfast Sausage, I prefer “hot” which is a little spicier
Crushed Ritz Crackers or Bread Crumbs
Grated Parmesan Cheese
An Egg, lightly beaten
Salt & Pepper to taste
Shredded Cheese, I used cheddar
Stuffed Zucchini Squash
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini
Easy Baked Zucchini Boats
- 2 Zucchini Squash
- 1/4 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 c Finely Diced Onion
- 3 tbs Bread Crumbs (or crushed crackers)
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the pulp, leaving about ¼ inch border along the shell.
- Reserve the pulp and set aside to use in the filling mixture.
- Brown the sausage, breaking apart as it cooks, in a small skillet. Add the diced onion to the sausage as it cooks to soften.
- Next, add the pulp from the zucchini and saute, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage mixture to a small mixing bowl then add the bread crumbs or crushed crackers, the grated Parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Next, add the egg and mix to combine.
- Use a spoon to add the filling mixture to each of the zucchini shells and place in a baking dish or on a lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes then top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Ground beef may also be used if preferred over breakfast sausage.
Seasonings may be adjusted to suit individual tastes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g
- Meal Plan Monday 235 Caprese Chicken
- Bratwurst Potatoes and Sauerkraut Skillet Meal
- Meal Plan Monday 234 Fall Green Salad
- Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 233 Beef Brisket