In this post I’m sharing how to prepare a Simple Slow Cooker Queso Dip.
Grab your crock pots and let’s get to cooking y’all! It’s fall and that means that it is football season. Thank the Lord for football season, especially in 2020, when we need a bit of happiness.
Staying safely in our homes this year we could all use a bit of entertainment. Watching our favorite college teams play is just that. Plus there is all of the delicious favorite foods to enjoy while watching the game.
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to make this dip:
- Breakfast Sausage, cooked
- Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes to make it easier to melt
- Can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes (mild, medium or hot)
Crock Pot Cheese Dip
Now I know that there are some Velveeta haters out there. The first time that I shared this recipe on Facebook, I got some nasty comments. If you don’t like it, that is fine. Just move on to something else.
To be honest, this is the only recipe that I use Velveeta in. I think.
The Velveeta cheese works perfectly in this dip recipe because it is made for melting and staying that way. Hard clumpy cheese dip is not so good.
I love those Frito scoop chips with this dip. Do y’all know which ones I’m talking about? YUM!
This dip is also great with regular tortilla chips if you prefer those.
Simple Slow Cooker Queso Dip
Let’s make this Simple Slow Cooker Queso Dip!
- 1 lb. Breakfast Sausage, cooked
- 2 lbs. Velveeta Cheese, cut into cubes
- 10 oz. Can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes (mild, medium or hot)
- Begin by cooking 1 pound of breakfast sausage, breaking it up as it cooks until browned. Regular or hot sausage is preferable.
- Next, add the cubed Velveeta cheese , Ro-Tel (with juices), and the cooked sausage to a slow cooker.
- Heat on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally until hot and bubbly.
Transfer to a serving bowl or serve straight from the slow cooker.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 782mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Check out the Latest Recipe Posts
- Scrambled Duck Eggs Recipe with Ricotta and Chives
- Best Labor Day Snack Ideas to Celebrate the End of Summer
- Easy Sour Cream Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Dinner Ideas with Canned Chicken and Easy Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Southern Coleslaw Recipe
Thanks for stopping by y’all! I’m so happy that you did. Be sure to join my email list for our weekly newsletter and follow along on my social media accounts.