In this post I’m sharing how to make a 3 Ingredient Sausage Dip.
You may or may not have seen this dip recipe before. It is fairly popular because it is delicious and very easy to prepare.
Throw in some Frito scoops or chips and you have yourself an appetizer everyone will enjoy at your next gathering.
This dip works for all sorts of gatherings too! Whether it be a football or tailgating party, holidays or a get-together with friends, this dip is a great addition to your food line up.
The recipe for this Rotel sausage dip can also be made in just a few minutes on the stove top or heated slowly in a small slow cooker.
Sausage based appetizers are a crowd pleaser and you may also want to try spicy sausage tarts or sausage balls.
Easy Sausage Dip
What kind of sausage goes in sausage dip? I use hot (spicy) breakfast sausage for this dip. Mild would work just fine as well. If you want to switch things up you can try it with chorizo or ground beef.
Are Rotel and diced tomatoes the same thing? Not quite. Rotel has a bit of heat to it.
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
If you’re thinking that this dip works only as a dip, think again. This dip recipe would also be delicious served over hot buttermilk biscuits. Trust me!
If you have any sausage dip leftover (I say that humorously because it disappears when I serve it) then seriously reheat it the next morning and try it over biscuits for breakfast or on toast.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Dip with Rotel
There are a few brands of sausage that I favor, but for this recipe the Hot Jimmy Dean is my first choice.
By the way, if you’re searching for more appetizer recipes then check out our recipe index…you’ll find lots of delicious options.
3 Ingredient Sausage Dip
Delicious sausage dip is always a crowd pleaser and with just 3 ingredients, it is so simple to prepare.
- 1 lb Hot Breakfast Sausage
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
- 10 oz Mild Rotel (with the juices)
- Dipping style chips for serving
Stove Top Method
- In a small skillet cook the sausage, breaking into a crumble as it cooks.
- While the sausage cooks: In a saucepan or small dutch oven, add the canned Rotel and cream cheese. Cover and heat over medium low heat.
- Drain the fat from the cooked sausage then transfer the crumbled sausage to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dip to a serving dish and serve with dipping scoops or chips.
Slow Cooker Method
- Cook sausage as directed above.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a small appetizer sized slow cooker.
- Drain and add the cooked sausage to the crockery then cover and heat on the low setting 1.5 to 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tostitos Scoops! Multigrain Tortilla Chips, 10 Ounce
Football Stadium Chip And Dip Sports Serving Set
Crock-Pot SCCPMD1-CH Hook Up Connectable Entertaining System, Double Oval 1-quart, Metallic Charcoal
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set - Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
Calphalon 1932339 Classic Nonstick Omelet Fry Pan With Cover, 10 Inch, Grey
Lodge 3.6 Quart Enamel Cast Iron Casserole Dish with Lid (Carribbean Blue)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
- Best Easter Casseroles
- Glazed Carrots with Pineapple Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs Recipe
- Easy Corn Dip Appetizer Recipe
- Easy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe Sausage
Thank you for stopping by! If you’ve never had this delicious dip then I hope you’ll give it a try.
If it’s been a while since you’ve enjoyed this dip then I hope I’ve reminded you to make a batch to share soon.
Come follow along with us on Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram.
This recipe has also been shared at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Tuesday 29th of October 2019
Your 3 ingredient sausage dip looks fantastic! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. Miz Helen