Crispy Fried Green Beans are delicious when served as an appetizer or side dish. Make sure you have some remoulade sauce or ranch for dipping!
These tasty green beans are a hit at gatherings and at game day. Fresh green beans are coated in a seasoned coating and pan fried to perfection.
You got to eat your veggies right? This recipe is kid friendly too for a treat the whole family will enjoy.
- Fresh Green Beans, stem end removed
- All Purpose Flour
- Stone Ground Corn Meal
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Oil for frying
Crispy Veggie Appetizer with Dipping Sauce
Questions about Green Beans
Crunchy Pan Fried Green Beans
- 1 lb Fresh Green Beans, stem end removed
- 1.5 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c Stone Ground Corn Meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 c Buttermilk
- 1 tbs Water
- Oil for frying
- Add half an inch of cooking oil to a skillet and heat over medium high.
- In one bowl combine the dry mixture of flour, cornmeal and seasonings.
- In a second bowl whisk together the wet mixture of the egg, buttermilk & water.
- Dredge the green beans in the wet mixture and then coat in the dry mixture.
- Set dredged green beans aside on a sheet of foil or sheet pan. You're going to want all of the beans dredged because they cook quickly.
- Fry in batches so you don't over crowd the skillet until golden brown.
- Once browned as desired remove to a paper towel lined plate or sheet pan lined with a cooling rack to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g