In this post I’ll be sharing an easy Bourbon Peaches dessert recipe.
We’re having a great peach crop season here in South Carolina. Fresh, sweet and succulent peaches are everywhere. We celebrate this favored fruit in many ways. A delicious recipe of Bourbon Peaches being one of them.
Did you know that peach crops have been around in South Carolina since the 1600’s? A few centuries can certainly give one a lot of time to develop many delicious Southern peach recipes.
Some of my fondest memories involve picking a peach right off of the tree and biting right into it allowing the juices to run down your chin.
Peaches are either clingstone or freestone. I much prefer the freestone as the flesh pulls away from that center pit. Of course the clingstone are delicious but a pain in my book to work with.
Bourbon Baked Peaches
“When it comes to summer in the South, it is hard not to find someone enjoying a sweet, juicy peach. Whether sweet or savory, there are so many ways to enjoy the fruit of the summer.” ~ Southern Living
Here’s what you’ll need to create this delicious recipe with the South’s prized fruit of summer: Fresh Ripe Peaches, vanilla wafer cookies, butter, pecans, brown sugar, salt and bourbon.
I am going to take you through the easy steps to create this dessert and you’ll find a printable recipe card at the end of this post.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare the peaches by taking a knife and running all around the peach. Slightly twist the peach to pull away from the pit stone. One half will come away clean. Use a spoon to remove the pit from the other half of the peach. Place the peach halves in a casserole dish.
Baked Bourbon Peaches with Crumble Topping
Step 2: Prepare the topping by crumbling vanilla wafer cookies into a small bowl along with chopped pecans and brown sugar. Next add the melted butter, a pinch of salt and bourbon, stir to combine. Add some of the topping mixture to the cavity and top area of each peach half. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
This bourbon peach dessert is mildly decadent with just the right amount zing from the bourbon.
Bourbon Pecan Peach Dessert
Bourbon Peaches Recipe Card
- 3-4 Fresh Ripe Freestone Peaches
- 6-8 Vanilla Wafer Cookies, crumbled ( 1 cookie per peach half)
- 2 tbs Butter, melted
- 1/4 c Chopped Pecans
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar (packed)
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 2 tbs Bourbon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the stone pit.
- Place the peach halves in a casserole dish.
- Next, prepare the dessert topping by adding the crumbled vanilla wafer cookies, chopped pecans, brown sugar, salt, melted butter and bourbon to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Next, add some of the topping mixture to each peach half, distributing evenly.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the baked bourbon peaches to cool slightly, 5-10 minutes, before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional)
The small amount of bourbon adds a wonderful complexity to this adult dessert, making it great for dinner parties and gatherings. Make the recipe kid friendly by simply omitting the bourbon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Check out the Latest Recipe Posts
- Scrambled Duck Eggs Recipe with Ricotta and Chives
- Best Labor Day Snack Ideas to Celebrate the End of Summer
- Easy Sour Cream Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- Dinner Ideas with Canned Chicken and Easy Recipes
- Traditional Homemade Southern Coleslaw Recipe
- Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe with Greek Seasoning
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad that you did.
Be sure to subscribe to my email list while you are here. Email subscribers receive a newsletter each week with the latest recipes and news here on the blog so that you never miss a thing.
Until next time, Love and Happy Cooking, Friend!