Peaches and Cream Poke Cake is a delicious semi-homemade dessert using fresh or frozen peaches. This layered sweet treat is topped with fresh whipped cream. It’s luscious!
The fresh peaches should be hitting farmer’s markets any time now here in South Carolina. I can’t wait to have peachy everything while they last.
Poke cakes are popular with their little pockets filled with burst of sweet flavor from the cake toppings. Since poke cakes are easy to prepare and baked in sheet cake form, they’re perfect for potlucks and gatherings.
Peaches and Cream Cake with Pudding
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy dessert: yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, fresh or frozen peaches, heavy cream, vanilla extract and granulated or powdered sugar. Let’s bake a cake y’all!
Peaches and Cream Poke Cake
Step 1: Prepare the cake mix according to package instruction and bake in a 13×9 casserole dish. Allow the cake to cool completely. Poke holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
Step 2: In a small mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla pudding mix. Pour over the cake and spread out evenly.
Step 3: Reserve twelve peach slices for garnish. Cut the remaining peaches into smaller pieces and layer over the cake.
Peaches and Cream Layer Cake
Step 4: Prepare the fresh whipped cream. Place a metal or glass mixing bowl in the freezer for about half an hour to chill. Add the heavy cream to the chilled mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
It’s completely optional if you wish to sweeten the whipped cream by adding granulated or confectioners sugar. If you use granulated sugar you will notice a bit of a grit from the size of the sugar grains. The whipped cream is perfectly delicious without the sugar.
Add the fresh whipped cream on top of the peach layer on the cake and spread to cover the cake. Garnish with the reserved peach slices.
Easy Weekend Desserts
Printable Recipe Card
- 15.25 oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 5.1 oz Vanilla Pudding Mix (I used Jello brand)
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 lb Frozen Peaches (thawed) or Fresh Pealed and Sliced
- 1.5 c Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs Granulated Sugar or Confectioners Sugar (optional)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instruction and bake in a 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Poke holes in the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
Next, in a small mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla pudding mix.
- Pour over the cake and spread out evenly.
- Reserve twelve peach slices for garnish. Cut the remaining peaches into smaller pieces and spread over the cake.
- Using a chilled mixing bowl, prepare the whipped cream. Add the heavy cream to the chilled mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- It's completely optional if you wish to sweeten the whipped cream by adding granulated or confectioners sugar.
- Add the fresh whipped cream on top of the peach layer on the cake and spread to cover the cake.
- Finally, garnish with the reserved peach slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 0gSugar: 64gProtein: 6g
Check out the Latest Recipe Posts
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Appalachian Tomato Corn Muffin Recipe
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so glad that you did.
Be sure to subscribe to my email list while you are here. Email subscribers receive a newsletter each week with the latest recipes and news here on the blog so that you never miss a thing.
Until next time, Love and Happy Cooking, Friend!