In this post I’m sharing how to make an Everything Bagel Cheese Log appetizer.
If you’re searching for an easy appetizer that people will love to add to your collection then this is it! This cheese log is a wonderful spread for bagel chips.
Cheese ball recipes are popular because they can really be customized any way that you like…and they’re so delicious.
This everything but the bagel seasoned cheese log is perfect for game day, fall gatherings, holiday parties, or serve it up as a breakfast spread.
How do you serve a cheese ball? A cheese ball is typically served with crackers, chips or toast points that get topped with the delicious spread mixture.
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
Some typical ingredients used in cheese ball are sour cream, shredded cheese, seasonings and other flavorful ingredients.
Can you make a cheese ball ahead of time? You can make a cheese ball appetizer in advanced, just wrap and refrigerate up to a couple of days before needed.
Allow the refrigerated cheese ball to sit at room temperature, about 30 minutes, to soften a bit before serving.
Easy Appetizer Recipe
Does a cheese ball have to be shaped like a ball? You’ll usually find cheese balls shaped into round balls but you can shape them however you like. Try shaping it as a football for game day, or a pumpkin for fall parties, or a wreath shape for holiday gatherings.
My personal favorite is to shape them into logs.
Everything Spice Cheese Log Appetizer
Preparing the cheese (ball) log is as easy as mixing together the ingredients then forming its shape and chilling.
Below you’ll find printable step by step instructions on making this everything bagel cheese log.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tbs Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 c Freshly Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3-4 Dashes of Hot Sauce ( I used Texas Pete)
- 1/4 c Everything Bagel Seasoning, or enough to coat the cheese log
- Bagel Chips, for serving
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Next, add the grated cheese, seasonings and hot sauce and mix to combine.
- Use a spatula to scrape the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Cover the cheese ball mixture with the plastic wrap and shape into a log (or shape of choice).
- Remove the plastic wrap and coat the cheese log in the everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Place the cheese log on a serving platter and serve alongside bagel chips.
- Garnish with fresh scallions, if desired.
The cheese log can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until needed. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about half an hour, before serving to making spreading easier.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
- Meal Plan Monday 203 Breakfast Spaghetti
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes with Horseradish
- Meal Plan Monday 202 Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Low Carb Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- Meal Plan Monday 201 – Walking Taco Bar
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you try this delicious cheese log appetizer very soon.
To find more delicious appetizers on our website, use the search box or the recipe index tab.
See this recipe shared at: Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.