In this post I’m sharing how to make Easy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
Jalapeno poppers are the ultimate appetizer! Loved by many, poppers are delicious and great for game day.
These bacon wrapped cheesy bites of yumminess can be made a variety of ways…grill them, air fry them, or bake them in the oven. I’ll be sharing the oven baked method since it is most common.
I remember being somewhat afraid to try jalapeno poppers for the first time because I thought they’d be too spicy. I am so glad that I got over that fear and bit into my first popper. I’ve loved them ever since.
I don’t know what it is…perhaps the combination of ingredients or the fact that the peppers get baked but they’re not that spicy in my opinion.
I mean it is certainly not like biting into a freshly picked from the vine jalapeno….which I DO NOT recommend. I’ve seen grown men’s faces turn red and tears squirt from their eyes trying that stunt.
I’ll stick to the calm and delicious poppers, thank you very much.
Ultimate Jalapeno Poppers
Be sure to check out the video for more photos of the process in making this delicious appetizer.
What’s in a jalapeno popper? The filling portion for jalapeno poppers almost always involves cream cheese. Sometimes it is as simple as that but then there’s the addition of other cheeses and bacon.
You can get even more creative if you like and stuff them with pimento cheese, seafood or whatever else strikes your fancy.
I happen to like the more traditional version best myself so those are the ones I stick to making at home.
Are jalapeno poppers low carb? Yes they are! This recipe is anyways. It would depend on the specific recipe you might be following.
Where did jalapeno poppers originate? It seems that we have the state of Texas to thank for introducing us to the first versions of jalapeno poppers.
Cheesy Jalapeno Bites
Four simple ingredients are all it takes to create this appetizer for your next gathering.
You’ll need: fresh jalapenos, bacon ( I use uncured smoked bacon because it is free of nitrates and nitrites), cream cheese and freshly grated cheddar.
I’ll also share my tip for filling the poppers in the printable recipe card below.
Jalapeno Poppers Cream Cheese
Let’s make these Easy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers!
Easy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Beloved jalapeno popper appetizers that are perfect for game day and other gatherings.
- 12 Slices of Bacon
- 6 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then layout the bacon strips.
- Precook the bacon so that it is still pliable and will wrap around the poppers, about 15 minutes. Keep a watch so it doesn't get too crispy.
- Combine the cream cheese and grated cheddar in a small bowl. I used a large fork to mix it all up.
- Place the filling in a small plastic storage bag and snip off the corner. This is my easy tip for filling the poppers. you can just use a knife or spoon if you prefer.
- Slice the jalapeno poppers in half lengthwise and use a small spoon to remove the seeds and membranes.
- Pipe the filling mixture into each of the pepper halves.
- Wrap each popper with a slice of bacon.
- Remove the foil from the baking sheet and discard then place a baking rack on the sheet pan.
- Place the peppers on the baking rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
- Best Easter Casseroles
- Glazed Carrots with Pineapple Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs Recipe
- Easy Corn Dip Appetizer Recipe
- Easy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
Easy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
I hope you enjoy this recipe and share a batch of easy jalapeno poppers at your next gathering with family or friends. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget to scroll down and share.
This recipe shared at: Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Monday 16th of September 2019
Our family loves your recipe! Our game day go to for sure!!
Monday 16th of September 2019
Thank you for sharing that! I'm so happy y'all enjoyed them.
Monday 9th of September 2019
These are beautiful Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, we will love these! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,448 and hope you will come back soon! Miz Helen
Wednesday 11th of September 2019
Thank you, Miz Helen!