I have been making this cold vegetable pizza appetizer so long (nearly 30 years now) and honestly can’t remember exactly where I got the recipe. I think I saw it in a cookbook that I owned at the time. It’s hard to say now.
You see this easy crescent pizza everywhere now and everyone has their version of it. It is always a hit! You’re gonna love it and it is so easy to customize.
I recall the first time that I had this appetizer pizza was at an office Christmas party. The type of gatherings where veggie trays with ranch dip, chips, pinwheels and other simple finger foods are part of the menu spread.
I’m not even kidding that people love this appetizer pizza and always want to know how to make it. It’s so easy, so I’m going to share my version with y’all.
Ranch Appetizer Pizza
There are countless other options that you could use. Just think of what your guests might enjoy and which vegetables taste good without being cooked, such as mushrooms, peppers, cucumber, chopped spinach, or spring onions.
This might be a good time to skip regular onions to avoid everyone having onion breath the rest of the day.
Tips for this Appetizer
Keep in mind when you’re prepping your vegetables that this is a finger food so keep the pieces small and bite size.
Although the vegetables on this appetizer are meant to be uncooked, I prefer to steam my broccoli floret pieces 2 to 3 minutes just to give them that bright green appearance.
- 2 8 oz Refrigerated Crescent Roll Sheet Dough
- 1 c of Mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Packet Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 c of Chopped Broccoli Florets
- 1 c of Chopped Cauliflower Florets
- 1 Medium Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 c Sweet Bell Pepper, any color will do
- 2 Radishes, shredded
- 1 c Sharp Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
- Sliced Black Olives (optional)
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll the crescent sheet dough (I use Pillsbury) and place on a large lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough and stretch it out a bit if needed so that it is fairly even. Dock the bottom of each sheet with the tines of a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch packet mix until thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture onto the cooled crescent dough crusts.
- Top with vegetables, grated cheddar along with any other ingredients you may be using. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving. Cut into squares.
Serving Size:2 Pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
- Meal Plan Monday 210
- Carolina Slaw Dog Recipe
- Easy Homemade Bread Meal Plan Monday 209
- Spicy Ranch Packet Chicken Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 208
You might also enjoy these Bacon Puff Pastry Cheese Straws from Small Town Woman.