In this post I’m sharing how to prepare easy Barbecue Party Peanuts Appetizer.
Barbecue peanuts are a delicious smoky, spicy cold appetizer with a hint of sweetness that your guests will enjoy.
My personal philosophy when preparing appetizers is to have a nice variety of offerings, some that take a little effort with a mix of easy to prepare. Trust me, it takes the stress away from entertaining.
BBQ nuts are something that most will enjoy munching on too. They’re delicious.
Oh, by the way, before I forget to mention it….I’m also doing a giveaway in this post. Yay for free stuff! The giveaway is sponsored by Julia’s Simply Southern.
What am I giving away? I will be selecting two random winners who will each win one bottle of Koss Sauce.
Why am I giving away this sauce? Because I love it and want to give others a chance to try it too.
I also enjoy trying out bottled sauces that I purchase as well because there are so many wonderful and unique sauces to try.
I’ve been very fortunate in my blogging career to meet some wonderful people and make new friends. One of those friends is, Diana, with Koss Sauce.
Since they don’t yet carry Koss Sauce in my area, I had to order it online. I wanted to try this sauce because my friend makes it, I drooled over all of the delicious photos posted using the sauce, and I was curious and wanted to know what it was all about.
I’m so glad that I did too and the hubs loves it too. It’s a great blend of things people love in a good quality barbecue sauce.
Flavored Peanuts Recipe
Where do peanuts come from? Peanuts are technically a legume and grow underground. They’re grown all over the world.
Are peanuts good for you? Eating nuts in proper portions offer protein and can help control hunger.
What are party peanuts? While peanuts are delicious as they are, party peanuts are nuts that are generally seasoned or prepared in some way to add additional flavor then served as a cold appetizer option at gatherings.
Can party peanuts be prepared ahead of time? Yes. Prepare your flavored nuts the day before and store in an air tight container until ready to serve.
- 2/3 c Water
- 2 tbs Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tbs Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 lb Salted Roasted Peanuts
- 2 tbs Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cayenne Pepper or Creole Seasoning
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine the water, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce in a sauce pan; bring to a simmer.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the peanuts, stir to coat, allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain off the liquid and spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 250°F oven for 1 hour.
- Add the roasted nuts to a mixing bowl.
- Combine melted butter with the remaining barbecue sauce then add it to the mixing bowl and toss to combine with the nuts.
- Season with garlic powder, a pinch of salt and cayenne (or Creole seasoning) then toss to combine.
- Spread the nuts on a paper towel lined baking sheet to drain. Let stand about 15 minutes then transfer to a serving dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wildone Baking Sheet & Rack Set [2 Sheets + 2 Racks], Stainless Steel Cookie Pan with Cooling Rack, Size 16 x 12 x 1 Inch, Non Toxic & Heavy Duty & Easy Clean
3 Tier Oval Bowl Set with Metal Rack, White Party Food Server Display Set - Tiered Serving Stand - Three Ceramic Fruit Bowl Serving - Dessert Appetizer Cake Candy Chip Dip
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 353mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g
- Roasted Vegetable Medley with Parmesan
- Cheddar Cheese Grits Breakfast Bowls
- Meal Plan Monday #185 – Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup
- Biscuit Topped Beef Pot Pie
- Meal Plan Monday #184
The giveaway has ended…CONGRATULATIONS Kelly and Emily!
Two winners selected at random from the entries. Up to 4 entries per person, limited to U.S. residents only.
Each winner will receive one bottle of Koss Sauce barbecue. The prize will be shipped directly to the winners from Koss Sauce.
Winners will be notified by email.