In this post I am sharing the V8 Vegetable Soup Recipe. It is one of the easiest homemade vegetable soup recipes that you can make.
There are just 4 main ingredients in this delicious diner style soup with a rich tomato broth. Not only is it a tasty meal, it is also very budget friendly.
I’ve included elbow macaroni pasta in my soup because that is what you usually find in the diner lunch special soup that everyone seems to love. The pasta is optional however and you can choose to leave it out if you prefer.
Your wonderful homemade soup will be ready in about an hour. Just serve it with some crackers and a toasty grilled cheese sandwich.
Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipe
I picked up an inexpensive pack of breakfast steak and cut it up for the soup for around $3.00. The total costs for this big pot of soup came in around $10.00, give or take.
That is not bad at all for a hot meal that will feed a family easily and maybe for a couple of days if you have leftovers. Depending on the size of your family, you’ll likely have leftovers.
You could also used ground beef if you prefer to make it more a hamburger vegetable soup recipe.
Budget Meal Soup Dinner
The V8 vegetable juice adds a lot of flavor to this soup. I also used a carton of rich beef broth to add even more flavor. Water can be used instead of the broth to keep costs down.
Choosing the frozen vegetable blend for soups made it super easy to get this meal going because there was no peeling or chopping required, besides the beef.
I kept this soup simple but you can add additional aromatics if you like, such as fresh or dried herbs.
The frozen vegetable mix is so convenient and it just vegetables. There aren’t any preservatives or anything else added.
How do I make the V8 Vegetable Soup Recipe? It’s so simple! You’ll brown the beef pieces and then simply add the rest of your ingredients. Simmer and let all of the goodness mingle for a bit and you’re ready to serve.
Get all of the deets in the printable recipe card below.
- 1/2 lb Beef, cut into small bite sized pieces (I used breakfast steaks)
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 c Beef Broth (or Water)
- 28 oz Frozen Vegetable for Soup
- 64 oz V8 Original Vegetable Juice
- 1/2 c Elbow Macaroni Pasta (optional)
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Add the vegetable oil to a soup pot or dutch oven; heat over medium low.
- Next, add the beef and brown until cooked through.
- Next, add the beef broth, frozen vegetable blend, V8 juice, elbow macaroni and seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer then cook for 45 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or a sandwich, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:About 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- Appalachian Tomato Corn Muffin Recipe
You might also like this recipe for Instant Pot Curried Chicken and Vegetables from Cooking with Carlee.