In this post I’m sharing Julia’s Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe.
In honor of January being Soup Month and this arctic blast that has come our way I am making a big pot of vegetable beef soup. It is one of my favorite winter meals and it lasts a couple of days so I don’t have to cook tomorrow.
I start by chopping up my fresh vegetables and adding to a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
Tomato Beef Soup
Southern Vegetable Soup
You might also enjoy my Hearty Crockpot Chicken Soup
Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
Julia's Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
Delicious and comforting homemade vegetable beef soup is perfect on those chilly evenings. Leftovers are great too!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 c Chopped Celery
- 1 c Chopped Carrots
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 Russet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c of chopped cabbage
- 1 Bell Pepper, the color of your choice, diced
- 4 c of Beef Stock
- 3 c Water, use more if needed
- 1/3 c Orzo Pasta
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme, if you have fresh use it
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbs Died Parsley, if you have fresh use it
- 1 large Can of Diced Tomatoes, plus the juices
- 1 Can of Corn, drained
- 1 Can of Green Beans, drained
- 1 Can of Black Eyed Peas, drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Beef Bullion Cube (optional, for extra beefy richness)
- Begin by adding the olive oil and butter to a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the fresh vegetables, herbs and seasonings. Saute the vegetables 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add the beef and saute 2-3 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Next, add the stock, bullion and water and stir to combine.
- Next, add the pasta and bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next, add the canned vegetables and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and allow the soup to simmer for 1 hour. Serve hot.
Use whatever vegetables that you like and have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
6x16 inch Tin Sign When in Doubt Add Bacon Metal Sign Humor Kitchen Decor
Zulay Premium 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ladle with Comfortable Grip - Soup Ladle with Long Handle and Ample Bowl Capacity Perfect for Stirring, Serving Soups and More - Heavy-Duty Metal Ladle
Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Pre-Seasoned Pot with Lid and Dual Loop Handle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
- Best Pork N Bean Salad Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- Best Memorial Day Finger Foods
- Cranberry Bean and Sausage Soup Recipe
- Air Fryer Fish Sandwich Deluxe Recipe
Try this recipe for Zuppa Toscana Soup from Soulfully Made.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube