In this post I’m sharing Julia’s Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe.
In honor of January being Soup Month and this arctic blast that has come our way I am making a big pot of vegetable beef soup. It is one of my favorite winter meals and it lasts a couple of days so I don’t have to cook tomorrow.
I start by chopping up my fresh vegetables and adding to a large pot with a drizzle of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
Tomato Beef Soup
Southern Vegetable Soup
Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 c Chopped Celery
- 1 c Chopped Carrots
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 1 Russet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c of chopped cabbage
- 1 Bell Pepper, the color of your choice, diced
- 4 c of Beef Stock
- 3 c Water, use more if needed
- 1/3 c Orzo Pasta
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme, if you have fresh use it
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Tbs Died Parsley, if you have fresh use it
- 1 large Can of Diced Tomatoes, plus the juices
- 1 Can of Corn, drained
- 1 Can of Green Beans, drained
- 1 Can of Black Eyed Peas, drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Beef Bullion Cube (optional, for extra beefy richness)
- Begin by adding the olive oil and butter to a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the fresh vegetables, herbs and seasonings. Saute the vegetables 5-6 minutes.
- Next, add the beef and saute 2-3 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Next, add the stock, bullion and water and stir to combine.
- Next, add the pasta and bring the soup to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next, add the canned vegetables and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and allow the soup to simmer for 1 hour. Serve hot.
Use whatever vegetables that you like and have on hand.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6x16 inch Tin Sign When in Doubt Add Bacon Metal Sign Humor Kitchen Decor
- Zulay Premium 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ladle with Comfortable Grip - Soup Ladle with Long Handle and Ample Bowl Capacity Perfect for Stirring, Serving Soups and More - Heavy-Duty Metal Ladle
- Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Pre-Seasoned Pot with Lid and Dual Loop Handle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g
- Meal Plan Monday 235 Caprese Chicken
- Bratwurst Potatoes and Sauerkraut Skillet Meal
- Meal Plan Monday 234 Fall Green Salad
- Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 233 Beef Brisket