In this post, I’m sharing how to make a colorful Roasted Vegetable Medley with Parmesan.
You’re gonna love this healthy vegetable side dish recipe! The colors of the different vegetables pop in this delicious easy recipe. We eat with our eyes first, right?
I must admit that I got my inspiration for this recipe after eating lunch out one day. We were meeting Mr. J’s sister for lunch on a stop in her travels and she ordered the vegetable medley side.
My initial thought about ordering a vegetable medley from a restaurant was…boring! That’s because that’s been my experience but this was different.
It was a beautiful blend of colorful veggies that really please the eyes and I had to take a photo so I could re-create it at home. So here we are.
Healthy Roasted Vegetable Recipe
Seriously, aren’t all of those gorgeous colors just beautiful?
What is a vegetable medley? Simply put, a vegetable medley is a blend of vegetables together in a dish that work well together. The vegetables that you use change change according to your tastes.
Can I roast vegetables ahead of time and reheat? You can if you’re really limited on time but this recipe only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. To save time, try prepping the vegetables and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Are roasted vegetables with Parmesan cheese healthy? Freshly grated Parmesan is a healthy option (skip the green can from the store). Parmesan is low in fat and adds a delicious finish to roasted vegetables.
Roasted Vegetables with Cheese
Although this is a very simple recipe, the final presentation screams gourmet side dish. I’d gladly serve this up to company or for holidays.
How do I make a roasted vegetable medley? We’ll start out on the stove top then let the oven do the rest. Find the step by step instructions in the printable recipe card below.
Mixed Vegetable Side Dish
Roasted Vegetable Medley with Parmesan
A healthy side dish of colorful vegetables that are roasted then topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 tbs Cooking Oil ( I used Peanut Oil)
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 c Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c Carrots, peeled and sliced
- Pinch of Salt, or to taste
- 2 tbs Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Heat a cast iron (or oven proof) skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cooking oil to the skillet.
- Next, add the prepared vegetables and gently turn to coat with the oil then saute for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the vegetables 10-15 minutes. The vegetables should be tender but still have a bite to them and not mushy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan over the top of the vegetables then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Never miss a new recipe! Sign up for our FREE email newsletter below.
What’s been cooking? Here are our latest posts.
- Best Easter Casseroles
- Glazed Carrots with Pineapple Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs Recipe
- Easy Corn Dip Appetizer Recipe
- Easy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
Thank you for stopping by! I’m thrilled that you did and I hope you try this delicious vegetable dish soon.
You can discover more of our recipes by using the search box up top or browsing through the recipe index.
Follow us on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
See this recipe at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
Author of Julia's Simply Southern
Hey Y'all! I'm Julia, the cook and writer behind the recipes here at Julia's Simply Southern. I began my website so that I could share easy to follow recipes that anyone can use to put a home cooked meal on the dinner table. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Follow me on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Friday 18th of October 2019
What a fabulous healthy side. Roasting veggies is my favorite way to prepare them and I never say no to sprinkle of Parmesan!
Friday 18th of October 2019
Thank you, Carlee! I love the delicious variety of this dish.