In this post I’ll be sharing my Perfect Baked Potatoes Recipe.
The perfect, fluffy baked potato is easy to achieve. Potatoes baked lovingly in the oven are so much better than those cooked in the microwave. Sorry but it’s true, I don’t care what anyone says.
Unless you’re starving and haven’t eaten for days, take time to properly bake it. Your patience of waiting for the potatoes to bake in the oven will be well worth it.
I’ll take mine with plenty of butter, salt and pepper please! Hubs enjoys his baked potato with sour cream and consumes the entire potato, skin and all. Potato skins are highly nutritious.
The first step in preparing the perfect baked potato is the potato itself. As far as I’m concerned baked potatoes can only be made with Russet potatoes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Russet Potato, medium to large, washed
- Aluminum Foil
- Kosher Salt
Perfect Baked Potatoes
Classic Dinner Side
- 2 Russet Potatoes, medium to large, washed
- 2 Sheets of Aluminum Foil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Wash the potatoes and dock one side with the tines of a fork 3 times. Place the potato in a sheet of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold over the aluminum foil and roll up, twist each side then turn under.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan or directly onto the oven rack, set the temperature to 425°F.
- Bake 90 minutes or until softened when gently squeezed.
- Serve with your favorite baked potato seasonings and topping.
Classic baked potato topping options include salt, pepper, butter, sour cream, bacon, chives and cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
8 pc Vintage Truck Fall Kitchen Decor Set - Hello Fall - Matching Fall Placemats, Kitchen Towels, Pot Holder, and Oven Mitt - Comes in an organza bag so it's ready for giving!
Baking Sheet Cookie Sheet Set of 2, Umite Chef Stainless Steel Baking Pans Tray Professional 16 x 12 x 1 inch, Non Toxic & Healthy, Mirror Finish & Rust Free, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1187mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
You Might Also Enjoy
Try this Instant Pot Meatloaf and Potatoes Recipe from Soulfully Made.
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe