Southern goodness – Southern Caviar a.k.a. Pimento Cheese! We just love it in the South. It’s so versatile and can be used as a spread, a dip, on sandwiches or tea sandwiches for your brunch or party, burger topping, on crackers…..well the possibilities are endless. Like everything else in the south, pimento cheese recipes can vary. This is my go to recipe and it is always very well received.
- 1 8oz package Cream Cheese , softened
- 1 c Mayonnaise , I prefer Dukes
- 8 oz grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz grated Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 4 oz grated Colby Cheese
- 4 oz grated Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz grated White Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz jar Pimentos, drained well
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/8 tsp Onion Powder
- Dash of Garlic Powder
- A few cracks of Black Pepper
- Dash of Cayenne (optional)
Grate cheeses and set aside. With a mixer combine mayonnaise and cream cheese. Add pimentos and seasonings and mix to combine. Add cheeses and mix until everything is blended and creamy.
Easy as that! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can make variances and add bacon or jalapenos if you like.
If serving as dip as I’ve pictured – I serve with pita chips or crackers and sprinkle a little paprika on top.