In this post I am sharing how to make Baked Pimento Cheese Pinwheels and you’re gonna love them!
Pimento cheese pinwheels, sometimes called roll ups, will become one of your go to party appetizers. It’s also a great way to use up leftover homemade pimento cheese (recipe).
Flaky puff pastry just adds to the delicious texture of these tangy appetizers. They’re incredibly delicious served at room temperature so feel free to bake them an hour or so before you need them.
Pimento Cheese Hors d Oeuvres
It just so happened to be early in the morning on the day I was preparing this appetizer recipe to share with y’all. Can you guess what we ended up having for breakfast?
Pimento Cheese Roll Ups
Can pinwheels be made the day before? It depends on the type of pinwheels that you’re preparing. The baked pimento cheese pinwheels are best made the day of but can be prepared a few hours ahead of time.
More Easy Party Food Ideas
How Do You Make Baked Cheesy Pinwheels?
Preparing the baked pinwheels couldn’t be easier. Using refrigerated puff pastry makes the job easier. My preference is Wewalka puff pastry. Simply unroll the dough and spread on a layer of your classic pimento cheese.
The next step is to gently roll the pastry up with the filling. Give it a slight pinch when you get to the end to seal the seem to prevent it separating while baking.
Cut the pinwheels into even slices. I like to begin in the center, then slice down the center of each half and continue on so that the slices are fairly even. You’ll want them to be about half an inch in thickness.
Finally, bake the pinwheels in a preheated oven until hot, bubbly and golden brown.
- 13.2 oz Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
- 1.5 c Classic Pimento Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet on your work surface then spread on a layer of classic pimento cheese. Leave about an inch border around the perimeter of the dough.
- Next, carefully roll up the puff pastry sheet; pinch the end seem to secure.
- Slice into ½ inch slices and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and the pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
This baked appetizer can be made an hour or two before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Amscan Football Party Snack Stadium
- 83 Pieces Football Touchdown Party Supplies Set,Super Bowl Sunday Tableware Accessory Decorations,Sports Themed Pack for NFL Game Day,Serves 16 Including Banner,Plate,Cups,Napkins,Forks,Table Cloth
- Football Party Napkins - 100 Pack Disposable Football Shape Paper Napkins 5" x 7.5" Perfect for Super Bowl, Tailgating, Sports Theme Birthday Party Decoration
Serving Size:2 Pinwheels
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Check out this recipe from Plain Chicken for Hot Ham & Pimento Cheese Sliders.
- Meal Plan Monday 238 Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
- Baked Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 237 Fluffy Pancakes
- Meal Plan Monday 236 Firecracker Cheez-Its
- Meal Plan Monday 235 Caprese Chicken