In this post I’ll be a sharing a Hearty Chili Con Carne recipe.
Chili is a comfort food favorite! As temperatures cool down , chili becomes a staple on the menu everywhere. The best chili recipes are loaded with flavor, perfect to serve with a side of cornbread, crackers, or over rice.
Best of all it’s easy to make. You can have dinner on the table in about an hour. This is great for feeding a crowd too!
A pot of chili beans fills the air with such wonderful aromas as it cooks on the stove top. I think this might just be the first meal request when we begin the fall season.
- Olive Oil
- Celery, finely diced
- Onion, diced
- Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Ground Beef
- Country Breakfast Sausage (I used Neeses)
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Beef Stock
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Beef Better Than Bouillon (or 1 bouillon cube)
- Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed
- Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
- Finely Chopped Tomatoes (can use diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes)
- Tomato Paste
Ultimate Chili Con Carne
Easy Chili Beans Recipe
Hearty Fall Chili Con Carne Recipe
Beef and Bean Con Carne
Let’s make this Hearty Chili Con Carne!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 c Celery, finely diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Country Breakfast Sausage (I use Neeses)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 c Chili Powder (about 4 tbs)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 4 c Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Beef Better Than Bouillon (or 1 bouillon cube)
- 2 16oz Cans of Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 16oz Can of Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 15oz Can Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
- 26.46 oz Finely Chopped Tomatoes (can use diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes)
- 2 oz Tomato Paste
- Begin by heating a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Next, add the olive oil, celery, onion, and bell pepper.
- Saute for five minutes until the vegetables begin to become tender.
- Next, add the ground beef and sausage. Break up the meat and cook until browned.
- Next, add the seasonings to the meat and vegetables, stir to combine.
- Next, add the beef stock, Worcestershire, and bouillon. Stir to combine.
- Next, add the beans, chopped tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the chili over medium heat for half an hour.
- Serve hot.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese and chives (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef Apron for Men, Cooking Apron, Funny Apron, BBQ Apron, 3 Pockets, Bottle Opener, Towel and Gift Box Included, Black 100% Cotton Durable Professional Quality
- FAAY Ladle, Serving Ladle, Cooking/Kitchen Ladle | 100% Eco Friendly Server Gravy Ladle, Wooden Kitchen Tool, Hand Carved Wood Unique Grain Ladle (Original Ladle)
- Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Pre-Seasoned Pot with Lid and Dual Loop Handle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 10gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g