This is an old time favorite of spinach & artichoke dip going Southern style with our beloved collard greens. So easy to prepare and delicious! A great way to use leftover greens.
- 2 tbs Butter
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 c Collard Greens, drained
- 1 14 oz can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1/2 c Mayonnaise, preferably Dukes
- 1/2 c Cooked Bacon, diced (optional)
- 8 oz Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, grated and divided
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add butter to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions. Saute for 10 minutes until peppers begin to soften.
Drain collards and artichoke hearts well. I used leftover collard greens from my New Year’s Day meal
. If you don’t have leftover greens and have to use canned, I recommend a Southern style such as Glory
, rinsed and drained well.
In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise with a mixer.
Add collards, artichokes, sauteed vegetables, bacon, salt, pepper and half of the grated cheese and stir to combine.
Add mixture to a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Hot Collard & Artichoke Dip