In this post I’m sharing how to make an easy No Bake Layered Cherry Pie.
When I was a teenager my grandmother came to live with us. She didn’t do much cooking at that point in her life but I remember that one of her favorite desserts to take to church potlucks was a no bake cherry cheesecake.
It was the mix type of cheesecake topped with cherry pie filling. It was good but I think she’d love this layered cherry pie even more and it has real cream cheese in it.
This no bake dessert is a luscious layered creamy fruit pie. I’ve made it with cherry but you could really choose to use any fruit pie filling that you prefer.
It is so delicious, just add a bit of whipped cream on top if you like and I do like.
No Bake Cream Cheese Pie
It takes just SIX simple ingredients to make this no bake cherry pie dessert. When I say simple ….like one of the ingredients is a store bought graham cracker pie crust.
Here’s what you’ll need (I’ve got exact measurements and all the details in the recipe card further down in this post): pie filling, graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese, milk, vanilla pudding and Cool Whip.
Cherry Cheese Pie
Do you have to cook canned pie filling? No, canned pie filling can be used as topping without cooking.
What size graham cracker pie crust do I need? The larger size, with two extra servings works perfectly for this cherry cheesecake pie.
What is the best way to cut a slice of no bake pie so the pie crust doesn’t crumble? I pop this pie into my freezer for 15 minutes before slicing and it does help keep the slices as nice as possible. Just don’t forget the pie in the freezer.
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
No bake pies are the perfect dessert during the hot dog days of summer.
- 21 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 9 oz - 10 inch Graham Cracker Pie Crust (store bought)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 c Whole Milk
- 3.4 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed and divided (I used extra creamy)
- Spread half of the cherry pie filling into the bottom of the graham cracker pie crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add the milk into the cream cheese while beating to combine.
- Next, add the vanilla pudding mix and combine with the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in half of the Cool Whip with the cream cheese mixture gently to combine.
- Next, layer the cream cheese mixture over the cherry layer in the pie crust.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip then add the remaining cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, when serving.
Tip: place the pie into the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing and use scissors to snip the tin pie pan to ease removing pie slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get the chance to try this tasty dessert soon and if you do leave me a comment. I’d love to know how you enjoyed it.
Let’s be social y’all! Just click the buttons below to follow me on social media and there are share buttons below that to share this recipe with friends.
- Meal Plan Monday 210
- Carolina Slaw Dog Recipe
- Easy Homemade Bread Meal Plan Monday 209
- Spicy Ranch Packet Chicken Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 208