In this post I am sharing the recipe for Honeyed Fig and Pecan Chicken Breast.
Do you love quick meal recipes? If you do then you’ll love this chicken breast recipe topped with fresh figs and pecans that have been sauteed with honey. It cooks up in fifteen minutes or less!
Y’all…I’m still enjoying those wonderful fresh figs that our neighbors gifted us and thinking of delicious ways to use them, like this chicken breast and a fig prosciutto flatbread.
I had so many figs that I ended up freezing them in batches so they didn’t go to waste.
I served this delicious chicken dish with a side salad for our supper. Quick, easy and delicious! Gotta love that.
Chicken Breast with Figs Recipe
How do you eat a fig? Fresh figs are delicious eaten raw and can be used a variety of ways in recipes, such as preserves or as an addition to savory recipes for a sweet balance.
Are there any benefits to eating pecans? Pecans are a great source of two minerals, manganese and copper, that boost metabolic rate.
How do you know when chicken is done? The internal temperature of properly cooked chicken should be 165°F (73°C). The time to reach that temperature will depend on the cut of chicken, size and cooking method.
Boneless chicken breast skillet recipe
To ensure this recipe cooks up quick, I prefer to use thin cut boneless chicken breast. The thin cut also seem to be the perfect size portions for us.
I must confess that Mr. Simply Southern was a bit skeptical about this dish until he tasted it. He thought it was delicious too.
Chicken with Fresh Figs
- 1 tbs Peanut Oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 lb Thin Cut Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Salt, to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/4 c Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 c Fresh Figs, chopped
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium and add cooking oil.
- Season the chicken breast on each side with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning then add to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken on each side, about 4 minutes per side for thin cut breast pieces. Cooking time may vary for thicker cuts.
- In a small non-stick skillet add the honey, figs and pecans and simmer over medium low heat until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Top the chicken breasts with the honeyed fig and pecan mixture then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Honey; 16-oz. Squeeze Bottle; Certified Gluten Free and OU Kosher Certified; Enjoy Honey’s Balanced Flavors, Wholesome Benefits and Sweet Natural Goodness
Tramontina 80114/535DS Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan, 10", Made in USA
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 499mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this sweet and savory chicken dinner as much as we did.
- Southern Corn Pudding
- Meal Plan Monday #190 – Pecan Pie Cobbler
- Pork Roast with Orange Sauce
- Meal Plan Monday #189 – Loaded Ranch Potatoes
- Sausage and Rice Casserole