In this post I am sharing a simple 3 Ingredient Pasta Salad Recipe. It is a wonderful creamy pasta side dish made with just a few ingredients.
Y’all, I’m not even kidding when I tell you that this easy pasta salad is so delicious. Perhaps even surprisingly so.
It’s one of those things that the flavors just work so well together and you’d think that this dish was a lot more complicated if you didn’t know what was in it.
Have I ever told y’all that sometimes I’m a bit odd? I suppose we all have our own quirks. There was a time that I thought that I didn’t care for sour cream at all.
I’m still not a fan of sour cream on my baked potato but I do enjoy it with other foods.
Creamy 3 Ingredient Pasta Salad Recipe
If you’re guessing there must be sour cream in this recipe since I’m carrying on about it so then you’d be right.
Some of y’all must be thinking “what kind of recipe is this, Julia“? I know! I’ve always believed that delicious foods don’t have to be complicated. Not one bit! I’m glad to share this easy peasy pasta salad recipe with y’all.
I prefer to keep things simple as much as possible.
Pasta Salad with Few Ingredients
I still recall the first time that I had this pasta salad. I was a dinner guest at a friend’s house. I, as well as everyone else, kept talking about how delicious the pasta salad was.
Naturally, I wanted the recipe so I asked if I could have it. I was shocked to find out that there was sour cream in it and that I liked it. But I did and I still do.
Quick and Easy Pasta Side Dish
Those of you with a keen eye may have noticed this yummy side on the plate with the Spicy Ranch Packet Chicken recipe that I shared a couple of weeks ago.
Okay Y’all, let’s put this together in the printable recipe card below. Let me know how you like this easy recipe when you give it a try.
- 1 Pound of Cooked Pasta (I used Radiatori, whatever you have on hand will work)
- 2 c Broccoli Florets, steamed
- 1 c Sour Cream
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, steam the broccoli florets to desired tenderness. 8 to 10 minutes works perfectly for me.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine the cooked pasta, steamed broccoli and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Serve pasta salad warm.
Pasta salad may also be served chilled if desired. We tend to prefer this one warm.
Feel free to add additional ingredients if you like if you have fresh produce on hand you'd like to use up.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
You might also enjoy this Rhubarb Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Norine’s Nest.
- Macaroni and Tomatoes Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 227 Vegetable Lasagna
- Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- Southern Speckled Butter Beans Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 226 | Julia’s Simply Southern
You can also see this pasta salad recipe shared at Weekend Potluck.