In this post I’m sharing a delicious Garden Fresh Bruschetta Recipe.
Hey Y’all! I’m so excited to share this easy bruschetta using fresh tomatoes from your garden.
If you’re like me then you are getting an abundance of cherry tomatoes and trying to think of ways to use them. That’s when I decided to make this favorite Italian antipasto starter to enjoy for lunch.
You’ll love this bruschetta recipe just as much as the appetizers that you order at your favorite eating places because it’s even better! It’s so fresh and flavorful.
Simple Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze
Traditionally, the bruschetta bread slices are grilled but I toasted mine in the oven using the broiler. Do whatever is easiest for you.
Although I kept my marinated tomato salad mixture simple, it can be easily customized to your own liking with the addition of other vegetables, fruits or meats. Cooked shrimp would make a great addition.
The fresh tomato topping may be served on the toasted bread at room temperature or heated if you prefer.
A drizzle of balsamic glaze adds a beautiful finish and extra layer of flavor to this garden fresh bruschetta recipe.
How to Make Bruschetta
The steps for preparing this recipe are fairly simple. I recommend making the tomato topping mixture first to allow it time to marinate.
I picked up a pre-sliced Italian round loaf from the grocery store bakery. It was sliced to the perfect thickness needed for this appetizer.
I cut some of the longer slices in half at an angle to make it easier to handle while eating.
I prepared a basic butter and garlic paste spread for the bread so that it toasted up beautifully with a delicious garlic butter flavor.
Printable Recipe Card
Fresh Marinated Tomato Bruschetta Topping
- 2 c Cherry Tomatoes, halved or quartered (about 1 pint if using store bought tomatoes)
- 10 Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade cut or torn.
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- Pinch of Kosher Salt, or to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano Flakes
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
Toasted Bruschetta Bread
- 1 Italian Round, sliced
- 4 tbs Softened Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste (or 1 clove garlic pasted)
- Balsamic Glaze (optional)
Prepare the Tomato Topping
- Slice and quarter fresh cherry tomatoes and add to a mixing bowl. Large tomato varieties may be used if cut into small pieces.
- Chiffonade the basil leaves and add to the tomatoes; add minced garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Allow the tomato topping to marinate a few minutes.
Toasted Bread Pieces
- Combine softened butter and garlic paste together then spread over Italian round bread slices. Place the slices on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Keep a watch when using the boiler to prevent burning.
- Assemble the bruschetta by adding the tomato topping to each bread slice.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
- Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe with Raisins and Coconut
- Canned Turkey Stuffing Casserole Thanksgiving Dinner Recipe
- Sautéed Fresh Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Bacon
- Easy Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwich with Egg White and Cheese
- Easy Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe has been shared at the Weekend Potluck.
You might also enjoy this Southern Tomato Slab Pie recipe from A Spicy Perspective.