Small Head of Cabbage or a bag of slaw salad mix
1/3 cup Dill Pickle Cubes
1/2 of a small-medium onion diced
1/4-1/2 cup Dukes Mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper to taste
Grated carrot would also be a great addition and for some reason, I forgot to add it this time.
I know that waves of shock will hit because I do not put sugar in my slaw. I do not like sweet slaw. There I’ve said it.
Dill Pickle Coleslaw
Now that you’ve caught your breath here is how I make it:
Grate the cabbage. If you are using a bag mix I like to finely chop what comes out of the bag. I think the pieces are left too big otherwise.
Add your Dill Pickles, onion and mayo to the cabbage and mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate to chill until ready to serve.
Simple and good.
Creamy Southern Style Grated Coleslaw
- 1 Small Head of Cabbage or a bag of slaw salad mix
- 1/3 c Dill Pickle Cubes
- 1/4 c Shredded Carrots (optional)
- 1/2 of a small-medium onion diced
- 1/4-1/2 c Dukes Mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Grate the cabbage. If you are using a bag mix I like to finely chop what comes out of the bag.
Add the Dill Pickles, onion, carrots if using and mayo to the cabbage and mix.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate and chill, at least one hour, or until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
- Gas Grilled Whole Chicken Recipe Spatchcock Style
- Meal Plan Monday 222 | Julia’s Simply Southern
- Meal Plan Monday 221 Glazed Cherry Bars
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 220 Tuna Pasta Bake