Find out how to make a delicious and easy Creole Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner with roasted vegetables in this post.
If spicy is not your thing, just adjust the seasonings to suit your taste and follow the same cooking method. That makes a chicken sheet pan dinner such a versatile meal that you’ll get many recipes out of simply with a change of seasoning or switching up the veggies.
Sheet pan chicken and vegetables will allow you to have dinner on the table in less than hour. That’s a perfect recipe for busy families.
Prep work for this recipe takes about five minutes and the oven takes care of the rest. That leaves you time to help the kids with homework or sit down and relax after a long day.
Besides the ease of cooking a sheet pan dinner, clean up is a breeze. Sheet pan meals may become part of your weeknight go to recipes.
Chicken Breast Sheet Pan Dinner
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe and don’t forget, you’ll find the full printable recipe at the end of this post: 2-4 boneless chicken breast, fresh yellow summer squash, whole button mushrooms, baby potatoes, vegetable oil, your seasonings and a good sheet pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
Step 1: Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Arrange the chicken breast pieces in the center of the pan and brush each piece with vegetable oil. Season the chicken with Creole seasoning.
Step 2: Prepare the vegetables by cutting the yellow squash and baby potatoes into chunky pieces and add them to a mixing bowl. Next, remove the stems from the mushrooms and add the caps to the mixing bowl. I leave the mushroom caps as they are but feel free to cut them up if you like.
Add vegetable oil to the vegetables and toss to coat with the oil then season with salt, black pepper and dried thyme. Toss once more to coat the vegetables with the seasoning. Arrange the vegetables on the sheet pan around the chicken breast pieces.
Step 3: Place your sheet pan chicken dinner into the oven. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breast is 165°F and the vegetables are tender as desired.
Preheating the oven to 400 ensures a hot oven and gives a boost during the beginning of cooking so you have your dinner on the table in less than an hour.
Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
Try these variations for your chicken sheet pan dinner:
- Chicken marinated in Italian Dressing with asparagus and carrots
- Herb seasoned chicken breast with broccoli, cubed squash, onion, and bell pepper
- Lemon pepper chicken breast with baby potatoes, green beans and zucchini
If you searching for sheet pan dinner ideas besides chicken, try this Salmon and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner.
Healthy Sheet Pan Dinner
Other chicken recipes from Julia’s Simply Southern that you might enjoy: Simple Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Lemon Pepper Flat Roasted (Spatchcock) Chicken, Chicken and Dressing Casserole, or Pickled Fried Chicken Tenders. You can also use the search button at the top of the page to search “chicken” for all of our chicken recipes.
Let’s make this Creole Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner!
- 2-4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Fresh Yellow Summer Squash
- 4 oz Whole Mushrooms
- 1/2 lb Baby Potatoes
- 6 tbs Vegetable Oil, divided
- Salt and Black Cracked Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tbs Creole Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Begin by lining a heavy sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Next, arrange the chicken breast pieces in the center of the sheet pan.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a small bowl and use a brush to coat the chicken pieces then season with Creole seasoning (or your preferred seasonings).
- Next, prepare the vegetables by cutting the yellow squash and baby potatoes into chunky pieces then add them to a mixing bowl.
Next, remove the stems from the mushrooms and add the caps to the mixing bowl. Discard the mushroom stems or freeze for making stock.
- Next, add 1/4 cup of vegetable oil to the vegetables and toss to coat with the oil then season with salt, black pepper and dried thyme. Give the vegetables a toss once more to coat with the seasonings.
- Next, arrange the vegetables on the sheet pan around the chicken breast pieces.
Place the sheet pan into the pre-heated oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake 35-45 minutes. The internal temperature of the boneless chicken breast should read 165°F and the vegetables should be tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 649mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g