In this post I’m sharing how to make super simple Crock Pot Chicken and Cornbread Dressing.
I can vividly remember my grandparents saying “Just wait and see, time will fly by faster and faster“. They were quite right.
This super easy Crockpot chicken and dressing is not entirely about the holidays because it is simple enough for weeknight meals too. It is a great option though for stress free holiday cooking or small gatherings.
To make things even easier, I used a rotisserie chicken that I picked up at the store.
I did bake my own cornbread but you could use a mix if you prefer. Just be sure NOT to use a sweet cornbread mix if you go that route because it will not be good.
Easy Chicken and Dressing
Will dressing stay moist in a Crockpot? The dressing will stay nice and moist while the outer edges will brown and get slightly crispy from the crockery as it cooks.
Can I make crockpot dressing ahead of time? You can prep and prepare the chicken and dressing mixture and refrigerate overnight then add it to your crockpot to cook the next day.
Do I have to use chicken with the dressing? No, you could omit the chicken entirely for just a slow cooker dressing or opt for a rotisserie turkey breast from the grocery store to add to the recipe.
Crockpot Chicken & Dressing Pepperidge Farm
The other main ingredient in this recipe is Pepperidge Farm bread stuffing. You could also dry your own bread pieces to include but this helps keep the recipe simple.
The entire recipe mixture takes just a few minutes to prepare and can be done in less time than it takes the cornbread to bake.
You’ll have a delicious comforting dinner waiting for you in the slow cooker or a stress free holiday meal without the hassle of roasting a turkey.
Southern Slow Cooker Dressing with Chicken
Below you’ll find the step by step instructions in the printable recipe card and be sure to check out the video on this page.
- 6 c Cooked Crumbled Cornbread
- 12 oz Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 c Celery, diced
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 c Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
- 4 c Chicken Stock
- 10.5 oz Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Ground Sage
- 1 tbs Poultry Seasoning
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tbs Softened Butter, to grease the crockery
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first eleven ingredients together; taste to adjust seasonings.
- Next, add the beaten eggs and mix to combine.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the crockery cooker with softened butter then add the chicken and dressing mixture.
- Cover and cook on the low setting 4 to 6 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cabin Plaid 100% Cotton Table Runner (14x108")
- FAKKOS Design Funny Thanksgiving Turkey Apron & Matching Cute Socks Gift Set
- Thanksgiving Turkey Fall Plates and Napkins Bundle for 16 Guests - Thanksgiving Splendor
- Eddington 50002 Italian Olive Wood Cooking Spoon, Handcrafted in Europe, 12-Inches
- Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Cubed Stuffing 12 Oz Bag | White bread Blended With Herbs & Spices | Turkey Poultry Casserole | Holiday Thanksgiving Christmas Dinner (Classic)
- Crockpot SCV700-KT Deisgn to Shine 7QT Slow Cooker, Turquoise
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 703Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 897mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 45g
- Meal Plan Monday 235 Caprese Chicken
- Bratwurst Potatoes and Sauerkraut Skillet Meal
- Meal Plan Monday 234 Fall Green Salad
- Cheddar Garlic Drop Biscuits Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 233 Beef Brisket
Thank you for stopping by! You can also find more comfort food and holiday recipes by using the search feature on this page or by using the recipe index tab.