In this post I’m sharing the recipe for tender Whipping Cream Biscuits.
Whipping cream biscuits have a light texture and a slight hint of sweetness. They are special treat as your side of bread option.
Also known simply as cream biscuits, these delicate biscuits are wonderful for brunch, holiday meals or as a snack slathered with a pat of butter and jam.
As I mentioned, there is a slight hint of sweetness unlike the tangy flavor of buttermilk biscuits.
One easy tip that I’d recommend to anyone just getting started baking biscuits is to never over work the dough. It will make the biscuits tough and you’ll end up with little hockey pucks.
I say that from my own personal experiences when I was a young cook. Save the rolling pin for your pie crusts and treat biscuit dough gently and you’ll be rewarded with a fine batch of biscuits every time.
What are whipping cream biscuits? Also known as cream biscuits, these tender biscuits are made with heavy whipping cream.
The heavy cream helps to make these biscuits fluffy.
You might also enjoy this recipe for Angel Biscuits.
Heavy Cream Biscuits
A few more tips for baking biscuits include using cold butter, only stir the dough until combined, use your hands to pat out the dough, and bake at a high temperature to activate the leavening agents.
In this recipe, I am using all purpose flour and adding my own leavening agent, which is the baking powder.
If you only have self rising flour on hand, that will work too, just omit the baking powder and salt from the recipe.
Check out the video in this post to see some of the steps in preparing these biscuits and you’ll find the step by step instructions below in the printable recipe card.
- 2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbs plus 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Granulated Sugar
- 4 tbs Butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1 c plus 1 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C)
- In a mixing bowl; combine the four, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Next, cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Next, add the heavy whipping cream to the flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Lightly flour your work surface and turn the dough out.
- Use your hands to press out the dough to about ½ inch thickness; fold into thirds then press out again; repeat folding once more then press the dough for cutting.
- Use a biscuit cutter, pressing straight down (do not twist) to cut each biscuit. Place the biscuits on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown on top.
- Brush the tops with melted butter if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Sign up for our email newsletter and never miss a thing. Now through Christmas, you’ll receive a free printable holiday planner and printable gift tags when you sign up.
Check out the Latest Recipe Posts
- Easy Orange Sherbet Punch Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe
- Classic Cream Cheese and Green Olives Spread
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you enjoy these delicious biscuits for your next special meal gathering.