In this post I’m sharing how to make an easy and healthy Low Carb Hamburger Vegetable Soup.
It’s a bit odd that I am writing a post for a soup recipe and we’re having an unseasonably warm day in February. It’s 75 degrees, y’all! Fortunately, I made this soup a few weeks ago so I didn’t spend time in a hot kitchen today.
We’ll be throwing something on the grill later to enjoy this beautiful weather.
Soup is one of those comfort foods that we all seem to enjoy. There are endless possibilities when it comes to making a pot of soup. It can be simple or complex. Be ready in minutes or simmer all day.
This is an easy soup recipe and is ready in about 45 minutes. Forming the ground beef into mini meatballs add a nice texture and keep the soup “clean” and add interest.
Heart Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
You can also check out my classic Hamburger Soup while you’re here.
To keep this soup low carb, we’re omitting using vegetables that are high in carbs, such as potatoes and corn.
I typically use a ground chuck ground beef because it has a nice fat ratio which adds flavor. I opted to go with a leaner ground beef for this soup so there is no grease floating around on top.
Tips for preparing this soup: Season as you go when preparing food to add layers of flavor. Season the ground beef before preparing the mini meatballs. Salt enhances flavors in food. Pepper is a spice.
If you enjoy other seasonings with the beef, feel free to use them to suit your own taste. Be sure to taste the soup near the end of cooking and adjust seasonings if needed for a delicious meal.
Low Carb Hamburger Veggie Soup
What do I need to make low carb hamburger vegetable soup? Lean ground beef, celery, an onion, garlic, sliced carrots, green beans, mushrooms, cauliflower and rich chicken bone broth.
I used a jar of carrots and green beans that I pressure canned at home. You can use a regular can of each from the store. Fresh sliced carrots would work nicely as well.
Easy Homemade Soup
You can find all of the measurements and step by step instructions in the printable recipe card below. Check out the video in this post to see how each step comes together when making this soup.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 c Celery, diced
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 c Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1.5 c Carrots, sliced
- 1.5 c Cut Green Beans
- 4 c Cauliflower Florets
- 8 c Chicken Bone Broth (Stock is fine too)
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Form the ground beef into mini meatballs and place into a skillet then saute over medium heat until browned on all sides and cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- While the meatballs cook, heat a large Dutch oven over medium low heat. Add the onion, celery and mushrooms and sweat the vegetables (about 15 minutes until tender).
- Next, add the garlic, sliced carrots, green beans and stock to the pot with the other vegetables. Stir to combine. Add the cauliflower florets and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Once simmering, add the cooked ground beef meatballs and simmer 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Comken Valentine's Day Table Runner and Placemats- Red, Set of 5 | 1PC Lace Heart Table Runner (13 x 72 Inch) and 4 PCS Lace Table Placemats for Valentines Table Decorations Dinner Party Supplies
Newness Soup Ladle, [Rustproof, Heat Resistance, Integral Forming] Durable 304 Stainless Steel Soup Spoon with Vacuum Ergonomic Round Handle, Cooking Spoon for Kitchen, 13.7 Inches
AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, 7.5-Quart, Red
Serving Size:About 2 Cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 761mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 56g
You might also like this Low Carb Keto Taco Soup from Beyer Beware.
- Macaroni and Tomatoes Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 227 Vegetable Lasagna
- Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- Southern Speckled Butter Beans Recipe
- Meal Plan Monday 226 | Julia’s Simply Southern